Curtis Good

aussiemag

Dissapointed really, shouldn't really expect a player of this level to be nutmegged once, let alone twice by a Gateshead player. And those three air kicks were worrying, as was the time he caught the ball and ran forward 20 yards with it.

:lol:

Don't encourage it.

Guest magpie99

Before everyone gets too hyped up about this lad, let me just tell you a few facts.

I am from Melbourne and watched him quite regularly playing in the A league last season. He is not by any means, an immediate consideration as a senior squad member as he has only had one season at senior level last year in a league that is probably the equivalent of the Eanglish 3rd division or lower.

Curtis had a shaky start last year, especially in the first half a dozen games and when you consider the quality of strikers he was up against with the likes of Michael Bridges, Francis Jeffers and an over the hill Harry Kewell plus a bunch of no named second class Albanians and Dutchmen, I would worry if he were pitched in against the liokes of Torres, Rooney, Aguero etc.

However, as the season went on, he improved greatly and ended up first choice centre half. He was coached last year by dutchman John Van't Schip who was a member of the famous dutch national team in the late 80s and Melbourne Heart played their football on the ground and very nice to watch.

Curtis, whilst having a big future, is not yet ready for the hurly burly of the EPL and I think you will find that he will be loaned out to a lower division club next year afgter a settling in period in the developmenmt squad. He may get a few cup games or sub appearances in europe but I dont expect to see him register many appearances in the senior team in the league, if any at all.

He is not a left back either.

Pardew said on him 'Natural left footed centre half, that's unusual and that's why we paid that money for him'.

'Can play left back, tidy on the ball'

Basically Maldini.

Was hoping that last bit was in the quote marks too!