The 2011-2012 Season - The best moments

bowlingcrofty

Although it was possible the worst performance I've ever seen from an NUFC side, I thought that Obertans breakaway goal away to Blackburn in the last minute was immense! It put the game to bed, but the defiance of 'E-I-E-I-O' being belted out after that was special! I wouldn't say its my favourite moment but its right up there! As is Cabaye's goal against Blackburn in the league cup! The celebrations after that, man :lol:

Do you really think it was the worst performance you've seen from NUFC? I can think of 5 or 6 worse this season. :lol:

Although it was possible the worst performance I've ever seen from an NUFC side, I thought that Obertans breakaway goal away to Blackburn in the last minute was immense! It put the game to bed, but the defiance of 'E-I-E-I-O' being belted out after that was special! I wouldn't say its my favourite moment but its right up there! As is Cabaye's goal against Blackburn in the league cup! The celebrations after that, man :lol:

Do you really think it was the worst performance you've seen from NUFC? I can think of 5 or 6 worse this season. :lol:

I know it sounds extreme, and I'm sure a few old-timers will pull me up on it, but I thought it was horrendous. Granted it wasn't our strongest line up, but as a collective it was a shambles. Our formation was a blob for most of the game, whilst our distribution and retention of the ball was sickening! How we won that I'll never know :lol: Saying that, performances against Wigan in the league cup under Souness were very grim, too.

Just off the top of my head (because it's recent memory), Papi's #2 against Chelsea last week. Like the peak of a climax in a wet dream.

His first of the day made me voluntarily wank it. This one ^ I had no control over. Right in my shorts.

Aye, i was at Blackburn. Obertan's goal was sweet.

WBA was Pardew's eureka moment.

How we beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, as if we do it all the time. We should still be talking about it today, it was less than a week ago FFS.

Some of my favourites are:

Ryan Taylor, over the wall

Sammy's winner at Scunthorpe

Ba's hattrick at Stoke

Shola's equaliser against Spurs

The excitement when we signed Cisse

Enrique in goal, Carroll's untriumphant return and making Kenny miserable

Ben Arfa's goal against Blackburn in the cup

The renaissance of James Perch

Cisse's pair at Chelsea

Cabaye's freekick against Man U

+ many many more

Actually, a rather poignant one for me.

My grandad died on the same day we beat Wolves 1-2 with Ba getting the winner. That very night, at the end of Match of the Day, Gary Lineker said something about John Motson spending 40(?) years at the BBC, and then proceeded to introduce 'a tribute to Motty' which featured clips of his most famous commentary etc.

My mam and dad's nickname for my grandad (Tommy) was 'Motty'. I remember me and my dad just sitting in silence watching the video, scarcely believing what we were seeing. Strange times.

The best moment for me was the Liverpool game at St. James'. Everything about that day was just perfect - Carroll failing; Enrique being left on his arse by Ben Arfa and then having to go in goal after Reina's red card; Dalglish being shooed off the pitch by Gerrard...was just great to see the Scousers implode like that! Brilliant.

Shola against Spurs was one of my highlights, cracking finish to a brilliant game.

Shola Ameobi ‏ @Sholameobi  16 Oct

DID YE SEE IT MAN? A WAS LIKE PYOW! AND FRIEDEL WAS LIKE "WEW YE MAD CUNT" AND THEN A WAS LIKE WAHEY!

http://nufcfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Shola-Close.jpg

The two stoppage time goals at Blackburn were canny great. My internet was struggling like fuck that night, tried to listen to it on NUFCTV and following it on here the best I could. Knew my dad was only following via texts from me, and I didn't even have time to type and send the first goal before the second went in.

When Cabaye took out that mackem twat.

When Saylor tried to karate kick the ball into the net.

When Colo managed to brush off a leg breaking tackle.

In fact, I think I just loved that derby match all together. :lol:

Shola against Spurs was one of my highlights, cracking finish to a brilliant game.

Shola Ameobi ‏ @Sholameobi  16 Oct

DID YE SEE IT MAN? A WAS LIKE PYOW! AND FRIEDEL WAS LIKE "WEW YE MAD c***" AND THEN A WAS LIKE WAHEY!

http://nufcfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Shola-Close.jpg

:lol: