Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Stat's dont tell the whole story but it shows in someways how much of an upgrade we would be getting if we got him :lol:

Simpson v Debuchy:Apps 35 |Tackles pg 1.9-2.8|Aerials won pg 0.7-2.1|Interceptions pg 0.7-2.1|Clearances pg 3.6-4.3|Blocked shots pg 0.5-0.3

I know Simpson isn't well like for whatever reason but you don't need stats to show Debuchy is better but Simpson has still be a fine servant for us.

I know, i just came across it and felt like posting us..... I'm aware stats are not be used as fact and we already know how much of an upgrade Debuchy would be and yes i'm also grateful for Simpson's service to the club and helping us get back to this level.

there are far worse defenders out there than simpson, even if he doesn't take a lot of responsibility going backwards. it's that fact that his attacking game is null and void or that he's horseshit on the ball that is the biggest reason we should upgrade.

there are far worse defenders out there than simpson, even if he doesn't take a lot of responsibility going backwards. it's that fact that his attacking game is null and void or that he's horseshit on the ball that is the biggest reason we should upgrade.

Agreed :thup: defensively the only issue i have with Simpson is how consistenly just backs off and lets people run at him..... its in possession and offering f*ck all going forward that annoys me more than anything.

Said before i'd like to see him stay, but only as a squad player but he obviously thinks differently.

We sign Debuchy and have Perch as left back we probably don't need Simpson. Still think he is a decent player.

Perch played RB a fair bit towards the end of the season too, i'm not worried about lacking numbers once Simpson leaves in that position at least.

We sign Debuchy and have Perch as left back we probably don't need Simpson. Still think he is a decent player.

Perch played RB a fair bit towards the end of the season too, i'm not worried about lacking numbers once Simpson leaves in that position at least.

I did actually mean RB (although he can fill in at left back), must be tired :lol:

Can't begrudge Simpson first team football either though although he'd be ideal as a squad player.

:sadnod:

perfect for back up

perfect for us, don't think he'd see it that way though.