Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest sicko2ndbest

The noises about the Venezualan and Danny Simpson staying leads me to think one of 2 things are happening

We are struggling to meet the price and looking for alternatives

We are leaking these stories to show we have other irons

9m euros? i think that's as far as we would go as well, it would be a shame if we dont get him due to money as it seems like he wants to come here according to various reports anyway.

What's that in pounds? 7.5?

7.1 to be exact.

It's not very expensive like (if accepted)

Pretty high for a fullback IMO. We're only in the Europa League.

9m euros? i think that's as far as we would go as well, it would be a shame if we dont get him due to money as it seems like he wants to come here according to various reports anyway.

7.1 to be exact.

True, but one that will offer us very very much offensively as well.

7.1 to be exact.

True, but one that will offer us very very much offensively as well.

Will he go round swearing at people?

Hope we can get him, hard competing against Milan though.

Inter.

Pedant.

Must admit, I can't stand people calling Inter 'Milan' or Milan 'AC Milan'.

http://www.partythings2go.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/l/alan_partridge_mask.jpg

Guest magpie99

Seems to me that Lille are anticipating a bidding war and are continually upping their valuation to entice bidders. If that is the case, Ashley will not get involved therefore I dont see us signing him.

I wasnt particularly impressed with the standard of his defending during the euros and whilst he is useful going forward, we have plenty of players capable of doing that. With the number of goals conceded last season, defensive stablility os more important and whilst everyone on here might fancy Debuchy, I would certainly NOT pay over the pdds when you consider his age.

I would rather do a deal for Clyne as well as giving Tavernier a decent shot next season.

Am I the only not to be really impressed with his performance in Euros? Sure he will be a great improvement to Simpson but that's more to do with how bad Simpson is. Defensively he looked ok, offensive wise he did look to be full of energy and running but once he was in the attacking quarter of the pitch, didn't look like he could cross or shoot accurately, was a bit of hit and miss. 7+M seems quite high and think we can do better (both ability and value for money)

In terms of fullbacks I think only Lahm and Coentrao have looked better in this tournament. Only game where he looked dodgy was the one the last one when he played right wing.

It is very hard to find good fullbacks. Van der Wiel is supposed to be worth a lot of money and he looked extremely poor in this tournament.

Guest MrSundlofer

In terms of fullbacks I think only Lahm and Coentrao have looked better in this tournament. Only game where he looked dodgy was the one the last one when he played right wing.

It is very hard to find good fullbacks. Van der Wiel is supposed to be worth a lot of money and he looked extremely poor in this tournament.

Could also add the game against Sweden.

Sports broadcaster and writer. Ligue 1 commentator, ligue1.com writer, the voice of Top 14 rugby highlights and more. Views own. I tweet when I want.

To clear up some #debuchy stuff. There's no release clause. How much do I think he's worth? About 8-9 mill euros. Think 10 a touch too much.

#Debuchy does want to go. And will go. 5 mill offer was on the cheeky side from #nufc. Easy to imagine an improved bid. But not 10 mill