Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

But the Northern Echo says we are ready to pull the plug on the deal.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9832947.Newcastle_ready_to_pull_the_plug_on_Debuchy_deal/

How's that news? We've shown loads of times in the past that if we can't get the exact deal we want we'll fuck it off. This is no different. I just hope the alternative isn't to stick with what we've got; I'm no big hater of Simpson but he's clearly one of our weak links.

What if he signs, and turns out to be turboshit  :weep:

Blame ATB.

I'm fairly confident that if we don't get in this Debuchy fella then we'd be switching focus and get Santon out on the right (as he has said he's been told will probably happen) and bring in this Anita lad or a dedicated left back.

Hell, I'm not even that opposed to giving Simpson a last year if the core of the side is retained; though I'd be staggered if we just allowed him to run down his contract.

Blame ATB.

I'm fairly confident that if we don't get in this Debuchy fella then we'd be switching focus and get Santon out on the right (as he has said he's been told will probably happen) and bring in this Anita lad or a dedicated left back.

Hell, I'm not even that opposed to giving Simpson a last year if the core of the side is retained; though I'd be staggered if we just allowed him to run down his contract.

Whaaat :lol:

:rose:

Blame ATB.

Whaaat :lol:

:rose:

O0

Surely we've got to push this transfer through now. We want the player, the player wants to come, the club needs to sell. It seems all parties want a deal.

With the Spurs game just a few weeks away you'd think we'll try and push it through this week and have him here for the Den Haag and Cardiff games.

starting to worry about this one now tbh

We're not going to get him are we  :okay:

Lille just agreed a fee for a player in his exact position yesterday, its the following morning.

I wonder how some of you cope with life in general if you cant wait this out 

Lille just agreed a fee for a player in his exact position yesterday, its the following morning.

http://images.wikia.com/jackyman225/images/3/3f/Brick_yelling.jpg

Drink, and lot's of it!

Still think we should be looking at a quality LB and shifting over Santon myself.

Good thing you're not in charge of our transfers then.

At least we would get players for positions we actually need them.

No we wouldn't, Santon's a left back, let it sink in FFS :)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7930004/?

Sky Sports understands Newcastle may be ready to move on to other targets if there is no progress on Mathieu Debuchy's transfer soon.

Alan Pardew is keen to bring the Lille right-back to the Premier League and the player himself has expressed an interest in the move.

But with the Magpies unable to settle on a fee for the 26-year-old, they are prepared to explore alternatives unless the French club reduce their demands.

The catalyst for an agreement between the two clubs could be the signing of Troyes full-back Djibril Sidibe.

The 19-year-old is on his way to Lille for an undisclosed fee, thought to be in the region of €2million (£1.56m).

Given that the Ligue 1 club had been keen to line up a replacement prior to allowing Debuchy to leave, this could see a softening in Lille's attitude towards the France international's exit.

Debuchy returned to training with Lille on Monday, despite previously suggesting he would do everything he could to ensure he didn't play for the club again

Guest Wally_McFool

Can see Cabaye getting unsettled if the club fail to bring in Debuchy for the sake of a million quid or so.

see how many daft cunts bite