Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

They wouldn't accept it anyway..

Don't they want 8m euros? That must be around £7m (as if I am entertaining this ridiculous post).

Aye, but the stubborn french leaders will probably stand firm after they decided to keep him.

Nah, this one's a dead duck imo

Who watches a dead duck? Not even it's mother, she just flies off, depressed.

http://whatculture.com/wp-content/themes/wc/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/watership_alan_1024.jpg&h=100&w=160&zc=1

Guest StellaExpress

I am merley passing on a rumour that I heard although this rumour is from the same person who knew that Bigirimana was due for a medical days before the actual event. As for Pardew storming out of the meeting that was also tittle tattle.

I am not claiming to be ITK

I am merley passing on a rumour that I heard although this rumour is from the same person who knew that Bigirimana was due for a medical days before the actual event. As for Pardew storming out of the meeting that was also tittle tattle.

:lol:

There is also a website (i forget its name) who claimed that Debuchy was in Newcastle about a week ago. You know what their source was? The same person who told them Bigi was having a Medical!! Please can you keep this sort of shite in the Braindead thread?

Get a life

Pardew was HAULED out of that meeting

RUMOUR:  Take it or leave it final bid of around £6.75m - £7m to be submitted imminently as it would seem that an agreement has been reached after transfer sumit.

We wait with baited breath

:whistle:

what a load of shit. getting my hopes up for nothing.

Rumour or no rumour, it's pretty obvious there will come a point where we'll say this is our final offer and walk away if it's not accepted. It must be getting pretty close to that point now.

Guest bimpy474

Stella Our'Twat comment aside, Debuchy not being in that promo pic above is a good sign. Canny kit BTW. :thup:

But Cabaye isn't in ours  :frantic: = Sold  :p

Guest ThievingMagpie

Shit I already customised Fifa to have Debuchy and Anita in our squad, better not make this all for naught

Rumour or no rumour, it's pretty obvious there will come a point where we'll say this is our final offer and walk away if it's not accepted. It must be getting pretty close to that point now.

still think he'll sign personally

Same here. Obviously Lille just digging in to make sure we pay a fee big enough to justify selling. I still can't believe they'll want to keep an unhappy player because his value is at it's peak right now. Another year and they won't get £7m for him.

I can't figure our transfer strategy out this summer. Why are we targetting Andy Carroll, who costs far more than Debuchy, when we already have Ba and Cisse in the team? Aye we need another striker, but whoever comes in will be 3rd choice. We are looking at massive money for a 3rd choice forward yet we're very reluctant to bid more than a minimal sum for a right back.

If you're playing Newcastle you take one look at the lineup and who are you going to target? That's right, the full backs and espescially Simpson. To an extent Santon too (defensively), but you sense he was growing in confidence last season and much like Enrique before him, I expect him to get better and better.

Considering we'll lose Simpson for nowt in 12 months, it's a no brainer to sell and replace. So take that opportunity to upgrade the team's weakest link while we're at it. It's not every day you get a France international right back saying he wants to come to the Toon, at the very time you're looking for a right back. That's where we should be putting our money, not bids for players like Carroll. Doesn't make sense to me. After publicly chasing Carroll, Lille know we have money to spend.

I appreciate you have to haggle hard, but there comes a point where you risk missing out on a good deal.

I can't figure our transfer strategy out this summer. Why are we targetting Andy Carroll, who costs far more than Debuchy, when we already have Ba and Cisse in the team? Aye we need another striker, but whoever comes in will be 3rd choice. We are looking at massive money for a 3rd choice forward yet we're very reluctant to bid more than a minimal sum for a right back.

If you're playing Newcastle you take one look at the lineup and who are you going to target? That's right, the full backs and espescially Simpson. To an extent Santon too (defensively), but you sense he was growing in confidence last season and much like Enrique before him, I expect him to get better and better.

Considering we'll lose Simpson for nowt in 12 months, it's a no brainer to sell and replace. So take that opportunity to upgrade the team's weakest link while we're at it. It's not every day you get a France international right back saying he wants to come to the Toon, at the very time you're looking for a right back. That's where we should be putting our money, not bids for players like Carroll. Doesn't make sense to me. After publicly chasing Carroll, Lille know we have money to spend.

I appreciate you have to haggle hard, but there comes a point where you risk missing out on a good deal.

Well put! :thup:

Just what i have been thinking too.

Debuchy deal should be a no brainer really.