Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Playing to the whistle instead of whining to the ref while play goes on (and your team is disadvantaged) to save face is a good start :thup:

This isn't one of the 'Jose Enrique body language speculation' moments.

I would have thought that his clearances off the line were a fairly good measure of both and he's quite good at those.

Whilst they've been very useful - standing on the post is not coincidentally, IMO, the least engaging aspect of defending a set piece. Don't have to follow a marker or owt, just smack the ball away if it comes near the line. :lol:

I like Danny Simpson, and think he has done (and could continue to do) a decent job. But...

I was at both the Tottenham and Chelsea games and one thing that was fairly obvious watching the full match and not just the highlights was how many times our midfield received the ball, Simpson was in acres of space pretty much on his own, and they realised who it was, and went for another option. I'm pretty convinced that his own team do not trust him as an outlet when an attack is building up. Contrast that with Jose who had a fantastic partnership with Jonas and was a fundamental part of our attack for at least two seasons.

Full backs are such an undervalued part of any team, but I strongly believe that having a decent set of full backs who can do a job attacking (it is a given that they should be able to defend) is how a top four team differentiates itself from a top 8 team. It is often said that a decent striker will make the difference between going down and staying up for the lower teams, and I think the same should be said for full backs in the top teams.

Simpson's problem imo is very similar to Obertan's. All the athletic ability in the world, and nee football brain to go with it. Simpson is very reactive, when he should be proactive - reading the game etc..

Dude, kudos for being creative, but come on. Gareth Bale has 'all the athletic ability in the world', Simpson's just a nothing footballer who occasionally looks OK hacking the ball away due to not acknowledging his wider responsibilities.

Full backs are such an undervalued part of any team, but I strongly believe that having a decent set of full backs who can do a job attacking (it is a given that they should be able to defend) is how a top four team differentiates itself from a top 8 team. It is often said that a decent striker will make the difference between going down and staying up for the lower teams, and I think the same should be said for full backs in the top teams.

And that is why I hate to read that people is ok with Simpson and that the club is doing nothing even if we has had more than one year to prepare ourself.

Anyone able to summarise 200+ pages and say how likely it is (1-10) you'll get this guy before the window violently slams shut?

We want him, he wants to come, we've made three offers, Lille want a fee we're not prepared to pay.

4/10.

From watching Dietmar Hamann and Robbie Savage discuss their own transfers (see below), if Debuchy really wants to come to NUFC he could probably force his move through. He could hand in a written transfer request for a start. Modric got the move he wanted (admittedly Spurs held on to him a season longer than Modric wanted). I'll be surprised if Dempsey is still at Fulham when the window closes.

Focus Forum: What's it like to move in the transfer window?

Dan Walker is joined by former players Dietmar Hamann and Robbie Savage for this week's Focus Forum to discuss what it's like to move clubs during the transfer window.

Video: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19378900

Hamann talks about his transfer from NUFC to Liverpool.

Guest bimpy474

From watching Dietmar Hamann and Robbie Savage discuss their own transfers (see below), if Debuchy really wants to come to NUFC he could probably force his move through. He could hand in a written transfer request for a start. Modric got the move he wanted (admittedly Spurs held on to him a season longer than Modric wanted). I'll be surprised if Dempsey is still at Fulham when the window closes.

Dan Walker is joined by former players Dietmar Hamann and Robbie Savage for this week's Focus Forum to discuss what it's like to move clubs during the transfer window.

Aye but its not the way to behave, and to be fair to most players they dont act like that to get their own way.

Dan Walker is joined by former players Dietmar Hamman and Robbie Savage for this week's Focus Forum to discuss what it's like to move clubs during the transfer window.

Aye but its not the way to behave, and to be fair to most player they dont act like that to get their own way.

If they really want to move (like Savage and Hamman themselves there, or more recently possibly Carroll, Cassano, Dempsey, Given, Fletcher, Bolasie, Olsson, Jarvis, Berra, Holt, Bunn etc etc etc), more will than won't imho.

Guest bimpy474

Dan Walker is joined by former players Dietmar Hamman and Robbie Savage for this week's Focus Forum to discuss what it's like to move clubs during the transfer window.

Aye but its not the way to behave, and to be fair to most player they dont act like that to get their own way.

If they really want to move (like Savage and Hamman themselves there, or more recently possibly Carroll, Cassano, Dempsey, Given, Fletcher, Bolasie, Olsson, Jarvis, Berra, Holt, Bunn etc etc etc), more will than won't imho.

So wrong though, so disrepectful to the club you are playing for and especially the fans.

Savage was prime example of how arrogant and distasteful footballers can be. He reckoned he wanted to move to be closer to his family and promptly joined a club actually further away than the one he left.

Edit : Holt didn't move in the end though did he ?.