Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

France Football are reporting that Real Madrid want Mathieu Debuchy and are ready to offer €10m #NUFC you have competition.

Real Madrid are ready to offer €10m which is €2m more than the €8m we thought Lille were holding out for?

No... Lille were always hoping for €10m but some on here refused to accept it and insisted they only wanted €8m as fact... We'll find out for sure in next few days if the Madrid interest is genuine... Arbeloa has been in decent form of late but Debuchy has very similar qualities to Contrao so would make some sense having them playing either side...

Hang on, no-one knows for sure what the official asking price is / was. Both €10m and €8m were quoted in equal doses off various different tabloids.  If Real are intrested they could be offering €10m as they know we havnt got a hope in hell of competing with it. Blowing the competition out the water so to speak.

True... No one really knows... Probably a case of €8m gets your name in the hat whereas €10m has Lille packing his locker for him... €6m might be get him if no one else wants him...

For the optimists... Ben Arfa turned down late interest from RM to join us...

So hope this is true, it would make my love of HBA even stronger  :smitten:

"He turned down Madrid...

When Marseille wanted rid...

That's Ben Arfa..."

Can't remember the second verse...

One positive out of all this farce is that we can use the saved transfer fee and wages to offer Simpson a really good deal to stay on next summer. Possibly 10p more or something equally lucrative.

Look, I'm all for upping his wages but we really shouldn't be doubling them.

One positive out of all this farce is that we can use the saved transfer fee and wages to offer Simpson a really good deal to stay on next summer. Possibly 10p more or something equally lucrative.

Look, I'm all for upping his wages but we really shouldn't be doubling them.

I'd up it but not beyond what is unfair. If he's still earning Championship wages of 10k or less, I'd up it a bit but never up to the 30k mark like he wants.

On the topic of Debuchy, I'm actually hoping this pulls through as I'm not sure how Cabs would react if we fail, especially with the rumours making the rounds lately.  :undecided:

Guest BooBoo

Not signing anyone will send out a negative message to our top players that essentially last year was as good as it gets.

Not signing anyone will send out a negative message to our top players that essentially last year was as good as it gets.

http://images.teamtalk.com/12/05/402x210/Vurnon-Anita-Ajax-vs-Heracles-Alemo_2769481.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if the club think we can get him on our terms in January when he's played half a season unhappy and Lille are probably out of the Champions League.

Playing the waiting game worked out with Cisse, after all.

Lille's game tonight will shine a little more light on this whole saga.

Lets hope the cunts lose. In all seriousness though i really like Lille. Met one of their fans in a coffee shop in Amsterdam prior to the 2010/11 season, he was a top bloke. Offered me and my friends to stay with him in Lille and get us free tickets to the match. Bloke was an absolute pot head so we kindly declined invitation. But i remember him raving about the quality of Lille's side prior to that season. He loved Debuchy, Cabaye, Sow, Hazard, Gervinho and Adil Rami. I thought he was just an over enthusiastic fan at the time, but boy did they have a good squad that season.

Yeah, agree about how the first team would feel if this one signing before the transfer window shuts doesn't happen. :laugh:

Well im pretty sure there would be some dissapointment. How are they different from us in that respect?

Im certainly dissapointed in our business this summer if we dont sign anyone else for the first team and I'd expect the bigger players of the squad to feel the same. Dont see whats so laughable in that...

Journal reckons we will not be back in for him and we are only interested in a striker - says Dekka is going to the Europa draw on Friday (presuming we get through!) and do not expect any outgoings either.

The feeling I have, and this is all conjecture, is that the club is going to make Carroll the first priority and push Liverpool hard in the remaining few days.

I'm pretty sure we'll be back in for Debuchy in January and I think there's a good chance we'll succeed.

Lille chairman Michel Seydoux claims failure to qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage would not force the club to part with Mathieu Debuchy.

Were they to drop out of Europe's premier club competition on Wednesday, interest in Debuchy is likely to intensify.

Seydoux, though, maintains that he will not be forced into a sale and remains optimistic regarding Lille's chances of turning the Copenhagen tie around.

He told L'Equipe: "If we fail to qualify for the Champions League would I be forced to accept Newcastle's proposal? You know that I am not very flexible when it comes to business.

"We didn't show enough fighting spirit during the first leg in Denmark but I feel we found that last Saturday against Nice (in a 2-2 draw)."

Sky Sports

Lille chairman Michel Seydoux claims failure to qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage would not force the club to part with Mathieu Debuchy.

Were they to drop out of Europe's premier club competition on Wednesday, interest in Debuchy is likely to intensify.

Seydoux, though, maintains that he will not be forced into a sale and remains optimistic regarding Lille's chances of turning the Copenhagen tie around.

He told L'Equipe: "If we fail to qualify for the Champions League would I be forced to accept Newcastle's proposal? You know that I am not very flexible when it comes to business.

"We didn't show enough fighting spirit during the first leg in Denmark but I feel we found that last Saturday against Nice (in a 2-2 draw)."

Sky Sports

Haha, it's so specific. Like he knows Ashley is staying at a hotel around the corner, waiting to pounce, should Lille tumble out.

You really do get the impression that he seems almost offended by our miserly, yet importune, penny-pinching offers!

Guest LJA0210

they clearly want to sell him but with only NUFC interested they need to play hardball to get the most out of the deal.