Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I know the French are more affectionate than most, but surely that isn't normal?

It's not even whether it's "gay" or not, it just seems awkward.

What, the kissing on cheeks? It's a perfectly normal greeting in their culture AFAIK.

I know the French are more affectionate than most, but surely that isn't normal?

What, the kissing on cheeks? It's a perfectly normal greeting in their culture AFAIK.

Uuurgggggh French exchange trip flashbacks. Getting introduced round a group and having to kiss cheeks with every fucker, rank.

It really is. Had to greet my coaches like that during my time in Belgium, was always weird but it's a part of the francophone culture. Had a teammate who wasn't Belgian and had no idea it was cheek-to-cheek so he used to actually kiss the coach on the cheek. Was hilarious every time and quite weird, poor kid, the coach always looked at him in a weird manner.

Yep :thup:

It's the same thing in  Spain and Italy, perfectly normal. Even Beckham got into it when he was at Madrid.

With your closest friends though?

I knew that they kissed on the cheek, but I thought it was at informal parties and such.

I knew that they kissed on the cheek, but I thought it was at informal parties and such.

Yes, makes more sense in their case what with them having grown up together.

Moreso with your closest friends I think.

Uuurgggggh French exchange trip flashbacks. Getting introduced round a group and having to kiss cheeks with every f***er, rank.

gahhh they do it in a group? Like a fuckin gangbang at that point...

It's weird enough shaking hands one by one with 7 or 8 people, let alone kissing them twice each.

Herpes must be rampant on the continent...

Guest bimpy474

Fucking looked in the mirror at myself and realise not only am i one ugly motherfucker, but also not as good at football at those two gorgeous lads.

Kissing your best mate; we grew up in completely different cultures. :lol:

:lol: I feel weird doing the half hug with my people, these dudes are kissing.

:lol: "my people"

Debuchy and Cabaye have the most epic bromance I've ever witnessed in sports.