Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

That's my concern, that someone else comes along and offers what Lille want and we sit by and watch it happen lol.

This is the signing i want the most, as it's really the main one that will improve the first team.... the rest are one's the add depth more than anything.

If we sign Douglas, is he going to be a major improvement on Taylor? if we sign a midfielder is he going to be a major improvement than Jonas? if we sign a forward is he going to be a major improvement on Ba?

Nope, not for me but they will add a great deal of depth..... where as Debuchy will genuinely add quality to the first team.

Probably why i'm so anxious..... i'm going to calm down now and eat a sandwich  :lol:

Look at me, Look at me, I'm calming down and eating a sandwich, Pathetic

:D

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is twittertastic but Sammi has just started following the fake Debuchy on twitter

Inside info??

But Inter are also interested for some time by Mathieu Debuchy, emerging right-back. Yesterday I bounced news of a negotiation between Lille and Newcastle, the only club to be so far ahead in practice, even if the player aims to get value in Italy, though always Maicon was really sold.

Alessandro Grandesso, France based journalist for Gazzetta dello Sport

Hopefully we're talking to them now. Inter will step up their pursuit as soon as Maicon is gone.

Guest Tyson

But Inter are also interested for some time by Mathieu Debuchy, emerging right-back. Yesterday I bounced news of a negotiation between Lille and Newcastle, the only club to be so far ahead in practice, even if the player aims to get value in Italy, though always Maicon was really sold.

Hopefully we're talking to them now. Inter will step up their pursuit as soon as Maicon is gone.

All the more reason to simply seal the deal, rather than playing clever buggers by winning a Mexican Stand-off for a discounted rate ie. shaving a mill or two from their asking price.

Just stump up the cash ffs, it's not like Lille are asking for ridiculous amounts like Twente were.

What's the difference between our offered price and what Lille is asking for?

Around 2m i think, but tbf like Boselecta say's nobody really knows i'm just frustrated, that we haven't bought any first team players yet :(

:kinnear:

Guest BooBoo

We have to remember what Llambias said about out first bid being close to our final bid. If Lille start messing us around, I don't think the club will have any hesitation in walking away from the deal.

All the more reason to simply seal the deal, rather than playing clever buggers by winning a Mexican Stand-off for a discounted rate ie. shaving a mill or two from their asking price.

all we know for certain is that we are interested, we don't know how much we've bid or how much they've asked for or will settle for. weren't the press saying milan had a5mill bid turned down but then say we are the only club to have made a bid. also while everyone is saying 'just seal the deal' it's worth remembering that we are buying him probably at his peak price and we wont get back what we pay.

hope he comes but not at any price, FWIW i'd be surprised if he wasn't kept up to date with everything that is happening via his agent.

Always makes me chuckle when people say stuff like "I agree with the club's approach to signings, but this time we should forget it and pay whatever it takes".

Either you have the attitude that you want a good deal or you don't, it's pointless changing the plan whenever you actually 'want' to sign someone.

I hope we get him like, just got to be patient and hope we can come to a deal.

Guest NeilJ

I thought our first bid for £4 million was laughed at by Lille then I think it was reported that we went back with £8 million but Lille were crying about a replacement now it seems they will let him go and hopefully he wants to come to us .

Who wouldn't !  :cool:

Guest Archie

Don't think we'll pay that much tbh.

If he was 23 perhaps, think 6-7 is pushing it.

Didnt Mole_toonfan say he understood there was roughly 2 million between offer and valuation?