Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sky's Graeame Bailey reporting it on twitter

Using same source, saying its very credible

Also reckons there's more in the pipeline

@GraemeBailey: Could be busy start of January for Newcastle - a number of French outlets claiming deal for Lille's Matthieu Debuchy is done.

@GraemeBailey: @Dickie_sirs I wasnt just talking about Debuchy...

Sky's Graeame Bailey reporting it on twitter

Using same source, saying its very credible

Also reckons there's more in the pipeline

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/a29d98e5.gif

EDIT: Ahhh damn you, palnese! ;D

It's good news of course if it happens.

I'm scrolling down twitter and some people are saying 'well why are none of the top clubs in for him?'. Its incredible how people cant just accept we badly need competition for places at the moment, and these are strangely the same people who defended our business in the summer.

Guest hatem garrincha

The article says it's done and the last details discussed - as we speak - concern the different "bonus" linked to that movement.

Would be delighted if this were to come off and the timing couldn't be better (well now that we're past last summer :lol:) after the shambolic defending by Simpson and the rest of the side in recent games.  Hopefully Ashley's been rattled enough to get us the players we need, fingers crossed.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would be delighted if this were to come off and the timing couldn't be better (well now that we're past last summer :lol:) after the shambolic defending by Simpson and the rest of the side in recent games.  Hopefully Ashley's been rattled enough to get us the players we need, fingers crossed.

Any French league watchers that can comment on how well he's been playing this season? I remember when he was apparently shite in a Champions League match. :lol:

Irrespective of the above though, I saw enough of him in the summer to know he's much better on the ball and on the front foot than Simpson, so it's a huge upgrade by default.