Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I must admit that I can't wait to see how much of a difference it will make to us going forward.  Especially once we have Cabaye and Ben Arfa back in the side and somebody other than Mike Williamson in the centre of our defence.

Williamson must be replaced, Debuchy will be miles out of position at times and he'll need somebody to cover for him at the back if we're not going to get caught out like we currently do when Simpson plays.

Replace Williamson with a competent defender and the whole back 4 will change in its effectiveness.  Coloccini will not have to be all over the back and Santon will have a rock next to him so he’ll also gain more freedom.  The whole dynamics of our defence will instantly change if we finally upgrade Williamson.

I must admit that I can't wait to see how much of a difference it will make to us going forward.  Especially once we have Cabaye and Ben Arfa back in the side and somebody other than Mike Williamson in the centre of our defence.

Williamson must be replaced, Debuchy will be miles out of position at times and he'll need somebody to cover for him at the back if we're not going to get caught out like we currently do when Simpson plays.

Replace Williamson with a competent defender and the whole back 4 will change in its effectiveness.  Coloccini will not have to be all over the back and Santon will have a rock next to him so he’ll also gain more freedom.  The whole dynamics of our defence will instantly change if we finally upgrade Williamson.

:thup:

:thup:

It's such a shame Saylor turns to bolsa wood every quarter moon.

Regarding covering full backs, Everton had a really good system to compensate for when Baines or Jagielka pushed forward. The wingers would work as hard as they could to cover but more often than not, it would be Phil Neville filling in gaps and sort of acting as an auxiliary defender. Certainly the type of job Anita or Tiote could do for us but our midfield has been too fluid of late, there's not been enough solid cover.

In fact Everton are a great example of why we could play a midfield 3 of Cabaye, Anita and Marveaux. None of their defending midfielders (Fellaini wasn't back a lot) are particularly physical but work unbelievably hard and have excellent positioning to compensate for their lack of physicality. We could easily do the same.

Great post, please sign another center half please.

We have to hope Saylor comes back soon and can remain fit for the rest of the season first and foremost, unless we can get a central defender in on loan with Premiership experience. As much as I'm sick of the sight of Williamson, to bring in somebody like Douglas as well as Debuchy and expect it to click straight away with a completely renovated back four in the middle of a relegation struggle is not something I would see Pardew going for. He likes to bed in players, and whilst it's sometimes frustrating I also think it's understandable with players coming from a foreign competition to let them get used to their team mates and the pace of the Premiership.

We have to hope Saylor comes back soon and can remain fit for the rest of the season first and foremost, unless we can get a central defender in on loan with Premiership experience. As much as I'm sick of the sight of Williamson, to bring in somebody like Douglas as well as Debuchy and expect it to click straight away with a completely renovated back four in the middle of a relegation struggle is not something I would see Pardew going for. He likes to bed in players, and whilst it's sometimes frustrating I also think it's understandable with players coming from a foreign competition to let them get used to their team mates and the pace of the Premiership.

That's a very good point.

It's not if Taylor picks up another injury, and if we don't bring in another defender during this window we'll be in the same position as we are now, having to bed a new player in at some time.  Debuchy looks capable of fitting straight in anyway so I have few worries on that score, he's not a kid who is still learning the game.

It's not if Taylor picks up another injury, and if we don't bring in another defender during this window we'll be in the same position as we are now, having to bed a new player in at some time.  Debuchy looks capable of fitting straight in anyway so I have few worries on that score, he's not a kid who is still learning the game.

Where did I say we should not bring in another defender? My point was we should hope and pray Saylor can stay fit as we may well be in trouble if he isn't regardless if we need to bring in a new defender to a new team and competition under the pressure of a relegation scrap. Also, who would be the "new player we would have to bed in at some time" if "we don't bring in another defender during this window"? :crazy2:

If we get everyone back fit (bar Taylor, can't see that happen), Williamson will look like a sore fucking thumb in our team. Simpson would make it look as if he was on par with other players in terms of ability on the ball. Now however, I hope to god nobody ever passes him.

We need a new CB as quickly as possible.

NEWCASTLE new boy Mathieu Debuchy has admitted the last six months have the most difficult of his life as he waited to land his dream move to the Magpies.

The Frenchman thought he was on his way to Tyneside in June when United first expressed an interest in him, before the European Championships.

But Lille kept knocking back increased bids and the summer transfer window slammed shut at the end of August, with the right-back stranded in France.

Debuchy, however, completed his long-waited move last week and the 27-year-old right-back is set to make his debut this coming Saturday against Norwich at Carrow Road.

Another week won’t make too much of a difference to a man who has had to show an enormous amount of patience before arriving on Tyneside.

Debuchy, speaking exclusively to the Sunday Sun, said: “It has been a very difficult time for me over the last six months. But I have got here in the end and that’s all that counts.

“The Premier League is going to be a test in a sense for me because it’s more physical than Ligue 1.

“The lads I already know at Newcastle have already told me about these demands.

“I will find all of this out for myself, but I’ve seen it from watching games on television, and I also know about the high quality of players in this league.

“I have watched a lot of the Premier League when back in France. So I know what to expect.”

Debuchy made more than 230 appearances for Lille during his 10 years at the French club, having come up through the youth ranks of his local side.

He has carved out a reputation for being a right-back who spends almost as much time in the opposition’s half as he does in his own.

This is a guy who will bomb forward at any given opportunity.

Asked to describe himself as a player, the French international said: “I don’t like to talk a great deal about myself, but I like to get forward and support the attackers.

“Primarily I am a defender. I will try to do my best in that role for my team”

Debuchy conducted his round of media interviews on Friday afternoon at the club’s training ground with then help of an interpreter. This was a reminder of how difficult it is for a foreign player to come to these shores when they are still unsure of the language, although the likes of Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye will help him through the first few weeks.

Debuchy said: “I am not greatly worried about signing for Newcastle.

“I will learn English as soon as I can, but in the meantime there are plenty of English-speaking French nationals who will help me.

“I just want to start my Newcastle career and help the team for the rest of the season.”

Glad that Debuchy wants to be here, that's a great sign and I'm looking forward to him playing for us.

Sadly signing him will meaning nothing if we don't buy a centre back and a forward immediately. Williamson and Shola should rarely ever be getting games as they are woefully under the level we need.

Guest bimpy474

Be funny if the first thing he does is get ball and then hoof it down the line :lol:

Or pretends like he's going to hoof it then instead dribbles the length of the right flank and delivers in a beast of a cross.

Getaway from me you optimistic freak  :lol:

Be funny if the first thing he does is get ball and then hoof it down the line :lol:

Or pretends like he's going to hoof it then instead dribbles the length of the right flank and delivers in a beast of a cross.

Which Williamson powers into the top corner.

The thing is who the fuck will be on the end of the cross?

Lets pray for Cisse.

Guest bimpy474

FFS :lol:

:lol: you lot will give Bimpy a heart attack soon