Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I do hope he is good like and we haven't literally bought him as a Christmas present to Cabaye.

S'alreet man, it's another pawn in TEAM France, not long before we can say fuck off to greedy Colo; the wage hungry steak gobbling cunt.

Newcastle United Training Session

Williamson missing the hoof.

Williamson will be under the pump now, given he's now paired up with a fb who will actually demand the outlet ball from the his edge of central defense.

Looks like Stone is trying a studs up challenge there on Williamson

:lol: 

Taken directly from Souness' Training Handbook 101 that is.

Once again the provision is Pardew using Debuchy properly. Having a fb, in his immediate vicinity, screaming & demanding for the short outlet ball will be character building for him.  He hasn't had that pressure on the outside of him, with Simpson there.If williamson is able to complete the sort of passes mentioned, and looks competant while doing it that will inject a bit of confidence which otherwise isn't there. At least it's something positive, and hopefully a bit of added confidence that will filter through to the defensive siide of his game which iis admittedly limited (ie. opponents get goalside far too easily). Because at the moment he needs a confiidence boost, solely not from the presence of a new face to lift the spirits in the changeroom either.

Bienvenue Mathieu :aww:

Can't wait to see him in action. We should, of course, give him time to settle - he's not going to hit the ground running straighaway but I can't help but feel optimistic about the near future. A French international RB should be an improvement on Simpson. Logic dictates that anyway.

Bon courage :thup:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9781781/Newcastle-are-too-good-to-go-down-says-new-signing-Mathieu-Debuchy.html

The France international defender outlined his ambitions after signing a 5½-year contract worth around £40,000 a week. He believes Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United are in a false position as they strive to climb away from the Premier League danger zone.

He said: “Newcastle’s results may not be great at the moment, but I’m not concerned and that did not influence my decision at all, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. I’m confident in the club and what they’re doing and I’m confident we can come back and that soon we’ll be climbing the table.

“Newcastle is a big team and we’ll soon be higher again, back to our true position. The Champions League is a target for us but the first thing is to get us back up the table where we belong. That’s the priority now, but the Champions League should be the ultimate aim for a club like this.”

The glowing recommendation provided by his long-term friend, international colleague and new team-mate Yohan Cabaye, helped influence Debuchy’s decision to join the large contingent of Frenchmen at St James’ Park. He said: “Ever since the summer, I’ve wanted to come here. It was awkward staying at Lille because I’d made no secret of the fact I wanted to join Newcastle.

“Yohan and I go back a long way, and it’s a long time since we first played together as kids. He’s been a big help and I’ll be living with him here until I get myself sorted out. A move to Newcastle has been a regular topic of conversation between us for the last few months, particularly during the European Championship finals in the summer.

“He talked about the club all the time. He just told me that Newcastle was the best, that not only was it one of the best teams in the division but away from the playing side, there was a fantastic infrastructure and great support. That was a big influence and a big attraction.”

Debuchy hoped to join in the summer after seeing Newcastle clinch a return to Europe thanks to finishing fifth. It is a somewhat different story this time as they sit two points above the relegation zone after losing nine of their last 11 league games.

The 27-year-old full-back was not signed in time to figure in the FA Cup third-round trip to Brighton but hopes to make his debut when Newcastle return to Premier League action against Norwich City next weekend.

Yohan. :aww:

Fullbacks always goes for ridiculously low fees, despite how important they are in the modern game ( which is beyond my understanding)

Only the ridiculous ones like Dani Alves seems to have got a fair fee.

Santon and Debuchy for 10m man :yao:

Fullbacks always goes for ridiculously low fees, despite how important they are in the modern game ( which is beyond my understanding)

Only the ridiculous ones like Dani Alves seems to have got a fair fee.

Santon and Debuchy for 10m man :yao:

They actually said getting him for E6m is like getting him for free...

I wouldn't go that far :lol:

It is a bargain but i get the feeling the media are going a bit nuts because of Euros performances, would be surprised if we saw that every single week.

I agree... Quite intrigued to find out how good he is defensively...

Don't know if these quotes have been mentioned, but he was on RMC Radio last night.

"Many people are saying I've taken a backwards step, but many people don't really know the Premier League and this club. I can tell you that within 2 days, I could see this was a very big club. When I was watching the Everton game from the stands, I had goosebumps, it's phenomenal. Newcastle are in a false position in the league given its size, the stadium, the fans...this is a great challenge ahead and I hope that in the next few matches we will rise up the league."