Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

how is he defensively? must be a bit suspect if better teams werent in for him

I do wonder why there wasn't huge competition for the guy given his relatively low fee and apparent status as France's premier right back.

Sagna was injured, otherwise I think he is generally first choice IIRC.

He was before he was injured, but he's been back since October and so far Debuchy has stayed first choice.

:thup:

Who's to say there weren't other teams but their lack of CL status means he only wanted to come be with his bum chum?

Why wouldn't CL Teams look at him though? If he's as good as his reputation indicates?

Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon that we've got him, I'd have just thought that there may have been more competition.

Wait, so in one thread you are expressing your disbelief at getting a good French national team player relatively early in the window without much competition and in another you are expressing your dissatisfaction at not getting another? Have you considered that in Remy's case the selling club and player may be waiting to see if better options come their way, just as you apparently expected Debuchy to do?

Don't really have the time to go into too much detail right now but I'm not expressing my disbelief at all, it's more a passing comment.

My thoughts on Remy are that the Board should have had the deal tied up earlier to give us as much chance of picking up maximum points over the next few games.

Also, Remy is a big fee (if the rumoured £10m+ is true) and not in great from hence a risk for any club. Debuchy is a low fee and has played consistently well for years.

Which makes it even more understandable from our point of view that we haven't just gone in and bid whatever Marseille quoted without a second thought.

As if our Board spend anything without a second thought :lol:.

The difference between what OM want and what we'd pay is going to be what? A maximum of £2m?

If we meet in the middle and find we've overpaid by £1m........so what? The signing, ahead of winnable games, would give great momentum to both the squad and fans, would give an extra option and would potentially enable us to let him play himself into the team and settle in.

If we save £1m but sign him at the end of the month, we may be in the bottom 3 before he starts his settling in period.

Who's to say there weren't other teams but their lack of CL status means he only wanted to come be with his bum chum?

Why wouldn't CL Teams look at him though? If he's as good as his reputation indicates?

Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon that we've got him, I'd have just thought that there may have been more competition.

Wait, so in one thread you are expressing your disbelief at getting a good French national team player relatively early in the window without much competition and in another you are expressing your dissatisfaction at not getting another? Have you considered that in Remy's case the selling club and player may be waiting to see if better options come their way, just as you apparently expected Debuchy to do?

Don't really have the time to go into too much detail right now but I'm not expressing my disbelief at all, it's more a passing comment.

My thoughts on Remy are that the Board should have had the deal tied up earlier to give us as much chance of picking up maximum points over the next few games.

Also, Remy is a big fee (if the rumoured £10m+ is true) and not in great from hence a risk for any club. Debuchy is a low fee and has played consistently well for years.

Which makes it even more understandable from our point of view that we haven't just gone in and bid whatever Marseille quoted without a second thought.

As if our Board spend anything without a second thought :lol:.

The difference between what OM want and what we'd pay is going to be what? A maximum of £2m?

If we meet in the middle and find we've overpaid by £1m........so what? The signing, ahead of winnable games, would give great momentum to both the squad and fans, would give an extra option and would potentially enable us to let him play himself into the team and settle in.

If we save £1m but sign him at the end of the month, we may be in the bottom 3 before he starts his settling in period.

Your figures are pure conjecture though. Marseille paid 15 million euros for Remy in 2010. If you'd gone to them in december saying we want him before the window starts as you suggest they would have named their price, and you can pretty much guarantee it would have been a hell of a lot more than a 2 million difference with what we are looking to offer. As it is we are trying to manoeuver the player into wanting to come to us whilst hoping no other club takes a serious interest. It's how we do business, and it has merits and drawbacks, but no amount of fan whinging will change it anytime soon imho.

Comes in at £5.0m on Fantasy Premier League :notbad:

:megusta:

Haha, megusta indeed... but our defence is still not a happy marriage I fear! Hopefully he'll notch several Cisse assists per game though.

Guest Roger Kint

Comes in at £5.0m on Fantasy Premier League :notbad:

Damnit, just made my changes and din't think of including him.. :lol:

Just upgraded Jenkinson for him, not bad for £0.4m extra

Debuchy will be available for Norwich. That is going to strengthen us, because I think that’s been a problem position.

Hopefully, we’re going to get a little bit stronger as we go now.

:tobey:

A pointless slaging really. Thoroughly unprofessional (smakes of blame game/more excuses) and only serves to demotivate a player who will be called upon if Debuchy is injured before the season ends.

I'm not a Simpson fan btw (:lol:) but Pardew has previous with this sort of thing with Routledge who has 5 goals and 4 assists this season- better stats than ANY of our players this season.