Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Not sure thats as bad as people make out tbh. Fair enough its not the first thing i would say but its hardly a shocking assessment  :undecided:

Like I said...

You going to stalk me like you do with David or you going to be a good boy and try posting something worthwhile? Dont worry i know the answer....

Still can't take a joke then :lol:

The only context in which that quote isn't utterly fucking weird would be if he was asked, "Give us a weird quote about Debuchy?"

I'm guessing the actual question was "How has Debuchy looked so far?" or something to that effect, to which any other manager would respond "he's done well and he's a good pro".

The only context in which that quote isn't utterly f***ing weird would be if he was asked, "Give us a weird quote about Debuchy?"

I'm guessing the actual question was "How has Debuchy looked so far?" or something to that effect, to which any other manager would respond "he's done well and he's a good pro".

Or, "So Mr Pardew, how did the trees at training ground fall over"

Pards: "Well Deb's hasn't been pulling up those trees, he's just been a really good pro this week"

It's a sad day when I feel compelled to stick up for Pardew :lol:

Maybe he just means he's added defensive solidity. Chances are Debuchy hasn't been involved in an attacking training session yet :lol: I think it's supposed to be an encouraging quote that he's defending well/doing his primary job etc

...I've fallen into the trap of taking what Pardew says even remotely seriously though, so shame on me.

It's a sad day when I feel compelled to stick up for Pardew :lol:

Maybe he just means he's added defensive solidity. Chances are Debuchy hasn't been involved in an attacking training session yet :lol: I think it's supposed to be an encouraging quote that he's defending well/doing his primary job etc

...I've fallen into the trap of taking what Pardew says even remotely seriously though, so shame on me.

Or Pards is pissed off that he wants to actually attack as well as defend and is trying to get him to not cross half way - most likely :)

Guest bimpy474

Its a nothing meant comment, we look at it because Pardew drivels so often it almost a sport now.

Good pro, our wingers getting nothing from him. Good, i rather like the sound of a solid defender after watching Simpson for the last 6 months.

Guest Roger Kint

Its a nothing meant comment, we look at it because Pardew drivels so often it almost a sport now.

Good pro, our wingers getting nothing from him. Good, i rather like the sound of a solid defender after watching Simpson for the last 6 months.

Exactly.

Chris Ford ‏@ChrisFordTV

AP on Debuchy's 1st week "he's not pulling up trees, just a good pro, a few of our wide players haven't got much joy out of him" #NUFC

Not pulling up trees, 2/10, get rid.

In other words he didn't hoof it into oblivion every time the ball came near him.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1448409.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Newcastle+United+Training+Session

'Defend and hoof. Defend and hoof.'

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/nufcfans_newcastle_united_mathieu_debuchy_lille_deadlock.jpg

Well, if he's trying to bed Debuchy into the team and trying to instil his footballing values - that might not be too far off the mark, nufc4eva - (not sure if you're being facetious).

Our main problem according to Pardew will be our leaky defence. He will get Debuchy to focus on getting the basics right first, I imagine. (ie. nothing fancy, just defending!)

It's just the brutal honesty of it, he's always been like that with the bigger names though, Ben Arfa being the biggest example.

Maybe he used "trees" so it could be used as yet another stick for his detractors to beat him with, even in one of the only positive threads left on here.

BTW are there any threads remaining which haven't yet descended into predictable boring "Pardew's shit" type stuff.

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't understand what the expression means and thinks he's saying that Debuchy hasn't been causing any commotion, just getting on with things like a good pro.

He probably thought he was paying Debuchy a compliment, the cabbage.

The man says "we was" for fuck sake, we can hardly expect him to use idioms correctly.

Maybe he used "trees" so it could be used as yet another stick for his detractors to beat him with, even in one of the only positive threads left on here.

BTW are there any threads remaining which haven't yet descended into predictable boring "Pardew's shit" type stuff.

No it was literal.

"Mathieu, see those trees 60 yards away, every time the ball comes near you, hit them"

Debuchy had the audicity to ignore this and tried to pass the ball, which has angered Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

It's just the brutal honesty of it, he's always been like that with the bigger names though, Ben Arfa being the biggest example.

And probably why players find him an ok manager, strange but you don't find many players slating him. Must one of them courses managers go about being assertive :lol: