Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

soft pen maybe....but he still gave the ref a chance to award it. No need to do that...it was not a dangerous situation. silly mistake. learn from it and move on...

I'm not sure it's realistic for a player to go around thinking "he might dive, he might dive..." all the time. Dunno.

Not all the time BUT when the player is going away from goal, is almost outside of the box why give the player a chance to dive? Just sheperd him out the box and then put a foot in if need be

Looked at it a few more times last night and this morning - soft pen. Gabby made a meal of it as well. Something that is sadly "part of the game" as commentators and pundits say.

Played football my entire life - that was some theatrical shit by Gabby man. :lol:

Tbf to him, he was caught out by Agbonlahor and much quicker players than Debuchy have been burnt by his pace.

I agree he needs to adjust to the pace of the league and knowing when he can stay back, go forward or hold on to the ball etc etc but never the less you won't find many quicker players in the league.

http://imageshack.us/a/img515/3136/screenshot20130130at112.png

This picture tells you all you need to know, no one in the history of being tripped falls with their arms flying like that; only divers throw their arms up in the air.

Still shouldn't even have given Agbonlahor the chance to dive like.

This. Big dive, but should be experienced enough not to give Gabby the chance.

Guest bimpy474

Just add him to the list. Ashley Young, Gerrard, Rooney, Agbonlahor, Welbeck, and many many more. 

Don't forget Ba.

He was talking about English players mate ;)

Guest bimpy474

Yes, but big dive is the important point.

Exactly, sick of hearing oh he gave the player a chance to dive. It's cheating and i'm sick of the players who cheat being given excuses.

soft pen maybe....but he still gave the ref a chance to award it. No need to do that...it was not a dangerous situation. silly mistake. learn from it and move on...

I'm not sure it's realistic for a player to go around thinking "he might dive, he might dive..." all the time. Dunno.

Not all the time BUT when the player is going away from goal, is almost outside of the box why give the player a chance to dive? Just sheperd him out the box and then put a foot in if need be

:thup:   

Agree with what the people who said there was no need to stick a foot in said.

aye, he tries to get a foot round, bimby's right in that it isn't a foul but only when you watch in slo-mo. every time i watch it in real time it's a pen and clumsy with no need to even be trying to get there, just shephered him out the box, which was where he was going.

He seems to have been forgotten about :lol:

Thought he looked very good today, his header out wide to Cabaye was surprisingly brilliant.

Makes such a massive difference to us going forward, there were times today where he maintained the attacking flow for minutes at a time while with Simpson those said attacks would have been stopped dead in its tracks.