Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

We all watched him last season, I’m sure the general opinion was 'well he hasn't looked 6 million pound better than Simpson'. Nothing from last season's form suggested any major club will come knocking this window. Definitely BS.

Indeed, he's at least £10m better than Simpson.

If anyone thinks Simpson is better than this lad  :facepalm:

I'm not saying he is but when Debuchy got himself needlessly sent off and Simpson came in, it wasn't like this huge loss because Debuchy never really hit the form he is more than likely capable of last season and Simpson came in and just done the average joe job he's capable of playing. I'll be expecting a lot more next season from him after he now has an idea of what is required. Last seasons form doesn't merit a move to Man City, not even close to that standard.

Guest bimpy474

If anyone thinks Simpson is better than this lad  :facepalm:

I'm not saying he is but when Debuchy got himself needlessly sent off and Simpson came in, it wasn't like this huge loss because Debuchy never really hit the form he is more than likely capable of last season and Simpson came in and just done the average joe job he's capable of playing. I'll be expecting a lot more next season from him after he now has an idea of what is required. Last seasons form doesn't merit a move to Man City, not even close to that standard.

It wasn't aimed at you mate, it was just in general. After watching Simpson for the last 4 years. Debuchy despite his trouble settling in to a crap team in us at the time. He is far better and just imo, the Man City stuff is not worth worrying about as it's bollocks.

Debuchy is a quality player man. Players take time adjusting to new league's and apart from a few iffy moments he was fine imo. Was our best player v Southampton and had plenty of other decent matches. Some of our fans are in the view that Simpson is better which for me it ludicrous. Have to remember he was dropped right in at the deep end with us, joined a shambles of a unit.

Hope he stays as I reckon he'll have a big season for us. If City are after him it's coz they recognise him as a good full back who would probably excel in a decent side.

Yeah totally agree. I think we have two quality fullbacks in Debuchy and Santon, Santon was just giving more time to settle in by watching and coming off the bench, whereas Debuchy was just thrown straight in. Think next season could be a lot more to come from both of them.

Aye a solid pre season for him and knows now how tough the league is. Just needs to be a little less rash, his aggressiveness could be useful if used correctly.

Not getting purposefully sent off because he's in a bad mood would be a start.

yes, he did. he looked like a footballer, for starters.

How was his defending? Did he make a difference in the final 3rd?

Honestly, i'd take Simpson's performance in Benfica over anything from Debuchy.

I haven't been impressed with Debuchy so far. Fullback is very tough ni this division so he has time on his hands.

He was up & down, but for the most part he did well. He was better than Simpson at times and then naive and poorer than Simmo. Our attacks DID NOT flutter or stand still when Debuchy was in though, thats for sure. He was also thrown into a shaky fucking back 4 and Pardew's tactics didn't do much when he probably failed to instruct Debuchy to hold his attacking or continue to attack when he had decent intel on the opposition.

He's an international standard RB who like many of our January signings experienced the high & low of the Premier League, he'll come good this season and be one of our top players.

Debuchy was very good against Chelsea, Spurs, Swansea, Southampton.

Was s**** against Liverpool and decent against most others.

Overreaction due to the hype surrounding him.

He can do a LOT better but he's been nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Guest palnese

He will improve on his defending this season. Don't think he was that bad tbf.

He put in more quality crosses in 5 months than Simpson managed in all his years here.

He's miles ahead of Simpson in every department, bar defending, and I think we'll see a much improved Debuchy this season.

Aye a solid pre season for him and knows now how tough the league is. Just needs to be a little less rash, his aggressiveness could be useful if used correctly.

Not getting purposefully sent off because he's in a bad mood would be a start.

:lol: he did that one time!

And it's all some people remember for some sad reason.

O0

O0

Thirded.

O0

Thirded.

He was also great vs WBA.

I really like Debuchy, but like his BFF he seems like a hot head, and I think he lacks a bit in the speed department.

Even though this can, and will, be punished on occasions, I love his enthusiasm going forward, not often a right back scores on a through ball.