Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest neesy111

Can't believe the stick he's getting. Mental :lol:

He's a professional footballer and the way he went on yesterday was that of a 7 year old kid getting FIFA rage.

I think he's been the best out of our January signings so far. I also am loathe to criticise any player at the moment due to what Pardew has done to the squad.

Same.

He's a professional footballer and the way he went on yesterday was that of a 7 year old kid getting FIFA rage.

And that makes him a bottler, a coward, absolutely shit and a poor signing (a selection of the views I've seen about him)? :lol:

Guest neesy111

And that makes him a bottler, a coward, absolutely shit and a poor signing (a selection of the views I've seen about him)? :lol:

I didn't say those things, I'm on about yesterday's performance and his one v Sunderland which was bad as well.  He's decent and an upgrade on Simpson but nothing stands out about him for me.

i like him but he has not played above average for most of the matches, like many others.

bizarre penalty, red card and often out of position. he has been average at best in an overall underachiving squad.

Important to remember too that he's getting used to a different league in a difficult situation. I've been pleased with his performances leading upto the Sunderland game.

Important to remember too that he's getting used to a different league in a difficult situation. I've been pleased with his performances leading upto the Sunderland game.

He'd been very average till the mackem game.

That relies on having some full backs that can defend, unfortunately 3.5 of our 4 can't do that and the .5 negates his defending by being utterly shite on the ball.

Our full backs push far too far forward anyway, because they're asked to supply all the width. Like someone said on here the other day after all the comments about Debuchy being in Danny Rose's pocket - why the fuck is that his job?

That relies on having some full backs that can defend, unfortunately 3.5 of our 4 can't do that and the .5 negates his defending by being utterly shite on the ball.

Our full backs push far too far forward anyway, because they're asked to supply all the width. Like someone said on here the other day after all the comments about Debuchy being in Danny Rose's pocket - why the fuck is that his job?

Because we only have 1 proper winger and he's injury prone/fat/whatever unfortunately.

I'd wager that instance was more tactical than individual to be honest. We seem to go for some mish-mash press. In that analysis it was clear as day that in terms of being a unit, we're very poor at the minute.

But, why are these players doing different things to one another? Like some pushing out while others stay back, is that down to a lack of clarity? We look clueless. MYM looks a shell of his early form, he was actually trying to organise the defence in initial appearances, looks timid as anything these days, and Taylor doesn't take charge either.

Guest Nixon

I like him.

He's quite good technically, and when he's not frustrated he seems quite adept in a one on one situation. I think if anything he is slightly suffering from a billing as an attacking full-back. He is definitely attacking, you can see he's itching to get forward at every opportunity. The problem is, he's not very physical or exceptionally fast.

I think it was against Southampton though, he made a run on the overlap and fired it into Cissé. That's essentially a microcosm for his attacking style. If he's presented with good movement and a pocket of space down the channel he will exploit it quite well. Force him into trying to dribble past a defender and he might struggle (especially against Jose Enrique and Danny Rose, two of the most athletic the league has).

The physicality on the whole has definitely taken him by surprise. You saw it when Coutinho bounced him off the ball. A lot of it is about timing and knowing when to be strong and when to play soft and hit the ground. It's not a hard skill but it comes in time when you learn the league. I think at times I'd have been tempted to plump with Simpson just because he's dependable, but longterm this is the guy for sure. Get him in a side that shifts the ball around and plays centrally and he'll widen the pitch with his overlapping.

Quite like the new haircut too.  :aww: