Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

It would definitely help him if we had a manager who was able to play a way where we are on the front foot a lot of the time.

When i saw him at Lille and for France i was very impressed with him when the team was in possession and going forward and thus got excited when we were linked.

He never had to do the amount of defending he does now so i wasn't aware he was this shit defensively, but with all that said he'd still be an accident waiting to happen as he's defence is going to be crap no matter the manager.

He doesn't even look particularly impressive going forward. I'd rather he stayed at home unless we where chasing a game.

Tbf i think that's better for the team as a whole.... i have come to the realisation that we are a much better team when there is more space to exploit and teams come at us than we are asked to break the opposition down.

For this reason and call me crazy i'm confident for the Everton game.

It's his motivation. If he only came here as he missed his mate, then it's showing.

When Cabaye is in a mood then likely Debuchy will be. Pretty pathetic really. He just needs to knuckle down and start becoming a premiership player.

I haven't written Debuchy off but when players under perform they need to be dropped.  In the league cup i'd go with mostly the same team as against Hull Except with Dummett in for Debuchy (and Santon swapping sides), Gouffran in for Cisse and Marveux or Vuckic in for Cabaye (i'd prefer Marveux but I don't think Pardew seems him there at all).  Then these players know that they are playing for these positions.  A good game against Leeds can get them a start against Everton.

http://s16.postimg.org/nsniotr85/hull.jpg

That says it all really. Clearly the plan was to target Debuchy in particular (and the combination of HBA/Debuchy as well) and it worked a treat. The bulk of Hull's attack came from their left for a very good reason. Whether the answer is Santon on the right and Dummett on the left, or MYM on the right and Steven Taylor back in the middle - I don't know. But Debuchy needs to have pressure applied to his starting place; he's just not been good enough, no matter his reputation before arriving here.

I imagine opponents target the right much more because of HBA than because of Debuchy mind.

It works both ways, they need to have extra men back when we get HBA on the ball and running at them. It just comes down to which manager susses it correctly, and in this case it was Agent Bruce.

If HBA goes on one of those runs Debuchy needs to sit back and hold his position unless we're in a position where he can overlap and attack right?

Alternatively, that's why I've always been Pro-MYM next to him for the sheer fact that the man has pace to close space down should we be caught-out.

It just doesn't help that when we're caught out its nearer to our goal and we haven't been able to clear.

If HBA goes on one of those runs Debuchy needs to sit back and hold his position unless we're in a position where he can overlap and attack right?

Alternatively, that's why I've always been Pro-MYM next to him for the sheer fact that the man has pace to close space down should we be caught-out.

It just doesn't help that when we're caught out its nearer to our goal and we haven't been able to clear.

That wasn't my problem on Saturday.... my main gripe with Debuchy was his constant day dreaming wandering in field leaving a massive gap to exploit.

The rest of the team couldn't adapt to his idiocy quick enough, usually when Debuchy is on the overlap for Ben Arfa we are defensively prepared for it because its something we try to do and cover for it.

This wasn't in the playbook so to speak and the rest of the team starts to have major holes in it because of one mans idiocy.

It reminds me a lot of Vermealen for Arsenal tbh, half the time you don't know what he's going to and so from a positional point of view it causes a major problem for the whole team as they don't know how to react to it.

Rob Scanlon ‏@RobScanlon_TV 27m

Rob Elliot told me today that Mathieu Debuchy's nickname is 'psycho' after "an incident involving a fire extinguisher in Portugal" #NUFC

Made me laugh. He looks a loose cannon too.