Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest antz1uk

I actually think our answer here is to play MYM at RB with Taylor at CB with Colo and Santon/Dummett/Haidara fight it out for LB with Santon clearly in the lead.

I think this allows MYM to continue to adapt to the league, he's got much more recovery pace, he's probably better at positioning and won't be caught too far up the pitch.

didnt MYM finish the season playing a few games at LB last season and looked really good? or have i imagined that

Think Debuchy is bloody good at heading for a full back. Gets a great leap considering his size. The difference between him and Danny 'ball just occasionally hits my face' Simpson in this aspect is staggering.

Agree with this he's handy in the air for his position. For some reason teams target him aerially too..

I actually think our answer here is to play MYM at RB with Taylor at CB with Colo and Santon/Dummett/Haidara fight it out for LB with Santon clearly in the lead.

I think this allows MYM to continue to adapt to the league, he's got much more recovery pace, he's probably better at positioning and won't be caught too far up the pitch.

didnt MYM finish the season playing a few games at LB last season and looked really good? or have i imagined that

He did look good at LB and RB last season. He did look bad at Man City, but I believe everyone looked bad that night.

Did MYM play LB against City? He was hopeless. Think it's RB if he's not to play at CB.

I honestly think the best way to use him until he adapts to the league's physicality and speed is to play RB behind Ben Arfa. He'll not need as much help, he'll be less caught-out, he's faster than Debuchy, everytime he's crossed the ball in attacking positions or gone forward he's looked dangerous (I don't see him lofting 1 single cross that is for sure) and he'll be able to contest aerial balls with not as physical wide players. Sides we play against target Debuchy for his lack of pace and always being out of position, this basically solves that, while fixing our lack of physicality at CB with Taylor/Willo pairing with Captain Colo.

I don't like him much but he's a far better defender now than he was at when he broke through 9 years ago.

Never had a game in his career as bad as Debuchy's against Hull, fwiw.

Alkamaar Away

Absolute nonsense.

Anyone else a member of the get Santon on the right fan club?

Sick of having a full back that cuts in, particularly when the player playing wide left is already looking to cut in.

Can we please develop Santon on the right. Thanks.

Anyone else a member of the get Santon on the right fan club?

Sick of having a full back that cuts in, particularly when the player playing wide left is already looking to cut in.

Can we please develop Santon on the right. Thanks.

Worth a try for me tbh, especially if Debuchy continues to fail to impress.

Too many people are concerned far too much about a fullbacks ability to attack or support when really one on each side who can defend would be far more effective to the team overall.

Agree with that. I'm desperate for Santon to succeed though, think he's a beautiful footballer.

Guest bimpy474

Too many people are concerned far too much about a fullbacks ability to attack or support when really one on each side who can defend would be far more effective to the team overall.

I've been banging on about this for ages, give me a solid defender above all first then look at how he attacks second.

I've been banging on about this for ages, give me a solid defender above all first then look at how he attacks second.

Unless he's Baines/Alves esque going forward definitely.

"It's true that I feel good. I had to get settled after my transfer to England. It's never easy. These two internationals have done me good. Before that, I was on the bench. Now, I feel that I'm at my best."

Unless he's Baines/Alves esque going forward definitely.

I basically agree, but at the same time I enjoy a gung-ho fullback too.