Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I think he's been on the whole v good this season.

First game was awful, second game was average BUT since then he has been very good with some standout performances

Hull? Everton?

GA likes making things up.

Aye, to be fair I forgot about Hull BUT what did he do wrong against Everton? That was Colo and Yanga having a mare

Missed him today

Yes and no. He's clearly a more accomplished full back than Mapou overall but at times today I thought we benefited from a more athletic player being there. At least we appear to have options for a change. :thup:

I think Mapou didn't stick close enough to Redmond at times though, think Debuchy would have prevented a few worring moments and offered more going forward, Mbiwa certainly didn't do too much wrong though. Suspect Debuchy would have fired us up more second half too

I think Mapou didn't stick close enough to Redmond at times though, think Debuchy would have prevented a few worring moments and offered more going forward, Mbiwa certainly didn't do too much wrong though. Suspect Debuchy would have fired us up more second half too

Mapou made some runs forward but they didn't find him. He played a lovely cross though from deep, which he's shown he's capable of.

Missed Debuchy overall today, one of our top players atm - given the form he's in and like you said, that drive he has is really class.

Guest bimpy474

He's our best winger. Didn't see their goal at the time like, where was he?

Covered in, probably got sucked in but Sissoko lost Brunt, mainly Sissoko with a bit of Debuchy thrown in at fault.

He's been really good recently, didn't think it would ever happen with him. Seems to be getting it right around the box which is where he was a huge let down last season, and getting better going forward which he was already pretty decent at.

Wonder if hba being out the team has helped, or is it just coincidence he's come good in the same time frame?

He's been really good recently, didn't think it would ever happen with him. Seems to be getting it right around the box which is where he was a huge let down last season, and getting better going forward which he was already pretty decent at.

Wonder if hba being out the team has helped, or is it just coincidence he's come good in the same time frame?

I don't get that, he was a class act for Lille, and helped them win the French title a few years, as well at the Euro's last year, but suddenly after a badish start at the back end of last season, where he was getting used to living in a new country, an playing in a new league, that there was no hope for him, and he was never going to come good. Also when we were first linked with him, everyone on here got really excited, like children at Christmas, there had to have been a reason for that.

I don't think it's coincidence that a very good full-back is playing very well.

It's not a coincidence, he's a class act.

Yep, mega upgrade on Simpson. I also think the alternate options of Anita or Mbiwa as cover are better than if we'd kept Simpson and Perch. Although it's neither of their preferred positions I still think they're better than those two.

He's showed tremendous character to get over the form of last season, then his dreadful start. All credit to him for turning it around, he's been fantastic recently. Like how he's also putting some pace on his crosses now rather than them pathetic floaty Danny Simpson esque crosses from 30 yards out.