Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest firetotheworks

Garth Crooks thought that Kyle Walker was better at the weekend though....

ie Garth Crooks thought that Debuchy was, then a jar of Uncle Bens said "don't you mean Kyle Walker?" he said "good point" and then promptly left.

I don't know why they bother with shit like that and, by extension, even bother with punditry on Match of the Day. They haven't watched every game over the weekend, they've watched about a maximum of 3. Just renders the whole thing pointless.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine how wonderful it would be to watch every match. Imagine taking life for granted enough that you couldn't be arsed to watch every match and get paid for it.

I don't know why they bother with s*** like that and, by extension, even bother with punditry on Match of the Day. They haven't watched every game over the weekend, they've watched about a maximum of 3. Just renders the whole thing pointless.

I'm convinced that they don't actually watch full games but instead just watch the highlights that MOTD show.

Imagine how wonderful it would be to watch every match. Imagine taking life for granted enough that you couldn't be arsed to watch every match and get paid for it.

Wednesday night, for example, there was like 8 games. It would be absolutely impossible so I don't know why, week on week, they try and pass it off that they've seen all the games.

Guest firetotheworks

Wednesday night, for example, there was like 8 games. It would be absolutely impossible so I don't know why, week on week, they try and pass it off that they've seen all the games.

Aye, in that scenario, definitely. No reason that the MOTD crew can't watch every match, though. Or watch edits where the stoppages are edited out.

That's showbiz

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

He is the best RB in the league at the moment but he won't be getting any plaudits because he isn't British or playing for a "big" club.

Guest firetotheworks

I still think Sanga is the tits like. Debuchy's only been this good for five games, but I suppose strictly speaking he's been the best RB in the league for those 5 matches.

Aye, in that scenario, definitely. No reason that the MOTD crew can't watch every match, though. Or watch edits where the stoppages are edited out.

I've been to the BBC studios (when they were in London next to Loftus Road) on a Saturday afternoon and they watch all the games across like 10 screens. It's like a quality living room with loads of teles, sofas and fridges full of bait. Sat with Lawrenson, Schmeichel, Ian Wright etc was a canny day - Ray Stubbs is a spot on bloke as well.

Guest Haris Vuckic

According to WhoScored he's been statistically the best right back across the season.

But you know stats and that :mystery:

Guest firetotheworks

I still think Sanga is the tits like. Debuchy's only been this good for five games, but I suppose strictly speaking he's been the best RB in the league for those 5 matches.

Actually, what the fuck am I talking about. Zabaleta ffs. Zabaleta is the best RB in the league like. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Zabaleta has been poor this season IMO, at least by his standards of last season. To me if i had to pick the top 3 RBs of this season i'd pick Clyne, Sagna and Debuchy in no particular order.

As for Debuchy he's been great since the Hull debacle, credit to him for coming back like he has.

I'd argue that Smith's run up front, typically alongside Owen in a 4-4-2, during the second half of 07/08 was the most excruciating experience of being forced to watch a certain player every week.

I remember Derby at home. The ball came to him and he twisted, turned, fumbled on the ball for ages before Viduka said 'fuck it' and stuck the ball in the back of the net himself. Embarrassing.

Be interesting to see how he does with no Cabaye at the weekend, think it was clear he was not as good when Yo wasn't playing.

He wasn't good when Yo wasn't playing b/c he was still on some awful form for us at the beginning of the season. He'll be fine on Saturday imo.

Ivanovic has to be considered too

i think Ivanovic is rubbish, tbh. For Chelsea, he seems to regularly makes mistakes at the back mostly of lack of concentration. Going forward he sees an incredible amount of the ball and produces nothing other than poor crosses into the first man, not even continuing he flow of the attack. I don't know why Azpilicueta isn't played more.

Debuchy is the third best in the league if he keeps his form up. Coleman has been better for a longer period of time at this point.