Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest bimpy474

If we're even still after him (not necessarily the case) then we're probably hoping he'll kick up shit now he's back in training and weaken Lille's negotiating position.

True, that audio said something about letting him go at the end of this coming season for 5m euro's, if he agrees to stay. Can see us waiting for him.

Guest bimpy474

better to get debuchy and keep santon LB, or move santon to RB and buy a decent LB?

Personally i would......not sure thats the plan though.

I don't see the fuss in switching Santon personally, he is a very good left back and despite it obviously being an option for him to move (which is good) I am more than happy for him to be our left back for years to come.

Guest bimpy474

we have no naturally left footed fullbacks - unless you count shane as a FB

Aye, i like Shane but call me old fashioned but i want a left footed left back who is a defender first, attack minded second.

Guest bimpy474

I don't see the fuss in switching Santon personally, he is a very good left back and despite it obviously being an option for him to move (which is good) I am more than happy for him to be our left back for years to come.

I'm comfortable with him playing there as i think he is going to be brilliant, better than we realise. Mines just a personal preference for lefty at left back, not a major thing though.

Guest bimpy474

no its more if he gets injured

Ahhh i think i see what you mean, no more going to Raylor but having a proper lb to cover ?

Of course that bloke talking in the vid could be anyone. Fact is they have purchased a new right back and Lille might buckle soon if Debuchy's mood continues to decline.

It's a journalist from L'Equipe, not just someone they dragged off the street with a French accent. :lol:

Basically saying they've signed this new kid as a long term project rather than a direct replacement for Debuchy, so at this point it means nowt.

Of course they'll say that though. Either it's true or not.

Of course that bloke talking in the vid could be anyone. Fact is they have purchased a new right back and Lille might buckle soon if Debuchy's mood continues to decline.

It's a journalist from L'Equipe, not just someone they dragged off the street with a French accent. :lol:

Ahh, never knew. Mind you L'Equipe were the ones originally stating it was practically a done deal, and that was over a week ago, so what do they know.  :lol:

Guest James1892

Did Sky actually state that? I looked on twitter earlier and it said something like 'big transfer news regarding Newcastle coming up' ... and i'v since heard f**k all.

It was a video on Sky Tyne and Wear that the Sky Sports News twitter retweeted. Heard f**k all else

Guest sicko2ndbest

Journal back page tomorrow following up on this transfer today and how it paves the way for Debuchy to come to us

Guest sicko2ndbest

Journal back page tomorrow following up on this transfer today and how it paves the way for Debuchy to come to us

Just read it on twitter - all supposition

Like the other 96 pages of this thread!

Signed before 100?