Champions League Final 2012 - pre-match thread

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In theory I want Chelsea to win...I think. I know as soon as it starts I'll be backing Bayern though, always happens.

Can't remember ever getting behind an English club in the Champions League (aside from us obvs)

Really tough call tonight. Ideally, Chelsea lose then Spurs lose the qualifier :lol:

Can't rely on that though, so... backing Chelsea :anguish:

Not really arsed about who I want to win, which is a rarity for me. Normally it would definitely be Bayern but it's slightly in our interests that Chelsea win, with both the Spurs issue and the European coefficient.

It'd be fucking sickening seeing them lifting the trophy like but equally sickening seeing Spurs getting a load of cash and keeping hold of their players because of it so I'm fairly easy, just hope it's a good game. Having said that when it kicks off I'll probably find myself rooting for the Germans.

From BBC: Tim G on Twitter:  "Amazing atmosphere here in Germany. Even those who usually hate Bayern praying for a Bayern win. English could learn from this!"

That's not totally true.  :huff:

Is it common knowledge that Villas-Boas made some senior players park in the reserve lot and train with the reserves?  Or did Brad Friedel just drop some "I play for a team across town and talk to the players" insider-type knowledge?  I hadn't heard that before and it really surprised me.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Is it common knowledge that Villas-Boas made some senior players park in the reserve lot and train with the reserves?  Or did Brad Friedel just drop some "I play for a team across town and talk to the players" insider-type knowledge?  I hadn't heard that before and it really surprised me.

Just Anelka and Alex for saying they wanted to leave.

He did that to Alex and Anelka didn't he?

Guest Craig-NUFC

Neuer, Boateng, Lahm, Contento, Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Tymoschchuk, Muller, Gomez.

Neuer, Boateng, Lahm, Contento, Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Tymoschchuk, Muller, Gomez.

Tymoschchuk CB with Boateng. Contento LB. Kroos DM with Schweinsteiger, Müller behind Gomez.