Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

I'm guessing Sky are reporting this following his press conference this morning. He far from turned them down like, was more a come and get me plea.

Doesn't sound like 'Come and get me' to me.

"I have not had any offers," Solskjaer told a press conference. "I'm not looking for another job.

"In football, and in life in general, things turn up that you have to make decisions about. I have a contract for two more years and I'll stand by that."

You need to see the full press conference and what he said to appreciate the context of it.

Guest Phil K

:lol: f***ing Sky

It's their constant bad spelling that amuses me.

Guarantee once a day - especially in "breaking news"

But then, BBC are at least as bad in that.

As for Solskjaer - he's trying to sound big and important, but covering his arse if Villa go elsewhere.

He quite clearly has not turned us down, in fact, quite the opposite.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/05/19/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-i-want-to-manage-aston-villa-97319-31006416/

The stuff this morning was the BBC and SSN falling for a mistranslation of the press conference, which they subsequently went back on.

Events this evening with the board of Molde are quite incredible. Leaking private conversations and so on.

He will take the job if offered. Simples.

He's not turned them down.

The Villa approach has caused a total chaos within the club. Both side has handled this very badly, but in particular the club and the owner could have done much, much better. You do not leak your dealings with the manager to the press. According to below article Solskjær will accept the Villa position if he's offered it. And he''ll take both his assistants and Wolf Eikrem with him. One thing is for sure, the last word is not said in this saga.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/05/20/sport/fotball/tippeligaen/ole_gunnar_solskjer/kjell_inge_rokke/21673067/

With google translate:

(Dagbladet): Kjell Inge Røkke three questions to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer , who he felt were answered in a satisfactory manner, was the triggering factor for Akers surprising break with Molde .

The questions were made ​​known in Akers press release yesterday, but just what Solskjaer has said up to now been a secret.

In an interview with Romsdals Budstikke Saturday night, however, choose Molde director Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen to go out with the answers - where Solskjaer confirms that he wants to leave the club as soon as he can if the offer from Aston Villa come.

- It's a hypothetical question, but I get an offer, I will travel as soon as I can. Probably after the game against Hønefoss, Solskjaer will have answered the question of considering quitting in the current Premier League season.

Molde meetings Hønefoss home of the Stadium 28  of May.

Insubordination by Solskjaer

According Nordstrand Jacobsen said Solskjaer further that in this case will take the assistant coaches Mark Dempsey and Richard Hartis and Magnus Wolff Eikrem from the play group.

If so, Molde lose most of the coaching staff and one of their best players before the spring season is over.  This must have upset Røkke, considering that the club will also be out in the Champions League qualification.

In the interview with Romsdals Budstikke Nordstrand Jacobsen says that he was even clearer that Solskjaer would not go to England to face Aston Villa, than has been known so far.

- The way I see it, this was a ordrenekt of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, he said.

Solskjaer upset

At Friday's press conference, where Solskjaer, Nordstrand Jacobsen and Chairman Øystein Neerland asked, it was agreed that there were challenges ahead.

- But now we are clear that we will work together to come, said Solskjaer.

Now it seems, however, the climate of cooperation to be cooler than ever.  Molde manager thinks it is sad that an internal conversation leaked to the press of Molde's director.

- This shows what kind of game this is, says Solskjaer to the local newspaper.

Asked whether he is correctly reproduced by Nordstrand Jacobsen, he replies that it is not "100 percent correct."

- The main ingredients, however, I can confirm. Today we had a nice conversation within the club where we agreed that we should look forward. And then comes this out. This benefits not anyone in the club, said Solskjaer.

Molde meetings Sandnes Ulf Sunday evening.  Plans call for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer lead the team in that game, but the last word is certainly not said after the latest developments from

Villa can't do anything straight forward lately can they, getting severe echos of us before our relegation

What have we done wrong?

We asked to speak to him, they said yes. We spoke to him.

The messiness is at Molde's end. Honestly, what kind of investor says he's withdrawing investment based on something like that? And then as for releasing the private conversations .... it all sounds a bit mad at that end.

Villa can't do anything straight forward lately can they, getting severe echos of us before our relegation

What have we done wrong?

The messiness is at Molde's end. Honestly, what kind of investor says he's withdrawing investment based on something like that? And then as for releasing the private conversations .... it all sounds a bit mad at that end.

not saying Villa have done anything wrong its just typical of how Villa have been going lately that this has happened

What have we done wrong?

not saying Villa have done anything wrong its just typical of how Villa have been going lately that this has happened

What has happened, though?

We talked to someone about our job, he got in trouble over there with their mental owners.

We only sacked McFuck almost a week ago. The new man will be in place by the end of this week.