Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

3 ex mackem managers are jobless, mccarthy, bruce and keane, can somehow imagine one of those ending up at norwich. Shame for both the norwich and swansea fans like, both clubs had a great first season in the premier league

Keane will not be offered the job by Norwich, hes the ex boss of Ipswich.  He made a right balls up of that.

They wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

I can see Bruce go there, will keep them in the division and hes an ex player.

Disappointed they are getting him, think he's going to be a top drawer manager.

thats not saying much judging by my top drawer, which does need some managing which i could do easily if i wasn't so lazy.

Amuses me when clubs reject resignations, as if they can force the manager to stay on.  I'm aware they'll have done it for compensation reasons but the term sounds funny.

Plays well with the supporters?

Guest neesy111

Norwich are having a shocking end of season.  Main striker hands in transfer request and then manager hands in resignation letter.

Amuses me when clubs reject resignations, as if they can force the manager to stay on.  I'm aware they'll have done it for compensation reasons but the term sounds funny.

Plays well with the supporters?

Still pointless though isn't it, everyone's aware the club don't want shot of him, hence the reason he wasn't allowed to speak to Villa in the first place.  Bridges are burnt at this point so there's no point rejecting a resignation.

Norwich are right to set their standard though, small clubs can't afford to be bullied. They should make it as difficult as possible but in the meantime they should start the hunt for a new boss.

By the time they have found his successor, he will be Villa manager.

Steve Bruce would probably make a good manager for them TBH.

Martinez would be perfect at Norwhich...nice sized crowd, want to play attractive football.

But he has already comminited himself to another year at wigan.