Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

Sidewards step

Does he have much of a budget? Even if not, I think he has a core of 5-6 players to build a solid team with. McLeish wasted that side.

I agree, their core team isn't that bad, a few new ideas and getting the players reinvigorated will see them back up around the top 10 I'd have thought even before transfers.

I think he'll do quite well for them actually. Feels like a Moyes/Everton appointment. Safe and steady and he'll get the chance to build and mould them into a decent/good team.

Those saying it's a sidewards step are wrong.

McLeish is a very poor manager, compared to Lambert. He will find it almost impossible NOT to improve Villa from where they are now. McLeish has played the sacrificial lamb in this one, he's dismantled the house that Marty built. Now it is Lamberts chance to rebuild it.

I suspect there will be some serious investment from Villa too.

so fucks off and leaves norwich in the shit and the moment a better offer comes in he'll fuck off and leave Villa in the shit, not impressed with the way he's conducted himself over this

He really left Norwich in the shit by getting them success promotions when they were at their lowest ebb in years.

so fucks off and leaves norwich in the shit and the moment a better offer comes in he'll fuck off and leave Villa in the shit, not impressed with the way he's conducted himself over this

He really left Norwich in the shit by getting them success promotions when they were at their lowest ebb in years.

It's an interesting point though, as to whether he'll consistently conduct himself like this. Spent barely a year at Colchester before jumping to Norwich after he hammered them 7-1 in the first game of the season. Gone like a shot here for Villa. I know, I know, no loyalty in football etc, do what's best for you. Will interest me if he consistently does this over the coming years though.

It's an interesting point though, as to whether he'll consistently conduct himself like this. Spent barely a year at Colchester before jumping to Norwich after he hammered them 7-1 in the first game of the season. Gone like a shot here for Villa. I know, I know, no loyalty in football etc, do what's best for you. Will interest me if he consistently does this over the coming years though.

He got them promoted twice?! Norwich don't have the resources to be as big as Aston Villa could be, of course he's going to take this opportunity. As for Colchester, no offence to them but Lambert is a champions league winner and saw a good opportunity coming along to further his managerial career.

Villa are a bigger club than Norwich and have more potential. He's leaving after consolidating their position in the Premier League - having brought them up from League 1.

Can't blame him whatsoever and he deserves a medal for his time at Norwich. As for Villa improving more than Liverpool will; that's an absolute given. Liverpool won't climb any more than a couple of places, whereas i can see Lambert taking Villa back into the top half.