Bayern Munich 1-1 Chelsea - Chelsea win on pens - TRIFFIC

Mike

Guest palnese

Drogba is an awful role model. He's a brilliant player on his day, but a fucking cheat.

He's a digrace to the sport and I can't wait to see the back of him.

Drogba is an awful rolemodel. He's a brilliant player on his day, but a fucking cheat.

*thumbs up*

He's Chelsea personified.

Drogba is an awful rolemodel. He's a brilliant player on his day, but a fucking cheat.

Spot on.

Drogba is an awful rolemodel. He's a brilliant player on his day, but a f***ing cheat.

Spot on.

as a sportsman he's a shocking role model,but as a man for the work he does (or cash given to good causes) in Ivory coast he is a good role model.

I don't know him well enough to say if he is a good role model on a personal level.

Cheating's disgraceful, but if there's any non-NUFC player you can forgive for it it's Drogba on account of what he does on and off the pitch.

nope. many players do good deeds away from football and you'd think with the talent he has he'd need to constantly cheat less. (i'll stress the constantly)

Staying down for 2 minutes instead of 10 seconds is unforgivable under all circumstances? No.

I know where you're coming from, just don't agree. The real disgraces to the sport are c***s like Barton and Owen who play with no regard for anything but their own ends.

Staying down for 2 minutes instead of 10 seconds is unforgivable under all circumstances? No.

I know where you're coming from, just don't agree. The real disgraces to the sport are c***s like Barton and Owen who play with no regard for anything but their own ends.

barton and owen are just the very extremes, drogba edges to this side though, like suarez without the racism.

barton and owen are just the very extremes, drogba edges to this side though, like suarez without the racism.

Drogba fights for his club, his country and his teammates. And don't forget where a massive part of his salary goes, because it isn't on horses or helicopters.

If he was anything like Suarez he'd be hated by opposing players instead of admired across the board.

Drogba fights for his club, his country and his teammates. And don't forget where a massive part of his salary goes, because it isn't on horses or helicopters.

If he was anything like Suarez he'd be hated by opposing players instead of admired across the board.

he cheats as much, tries to get his fellow pro's booked and sent off. fantastic player but don't try and make out what a fantastic all round chap he is, he's as bad as the rest and as i've said there are plenty other players who do the good deed thing, like our own colo who doesn't cheat nearly as much.

he cheats as much, tries to get his fellow pro's booked and sent off. fantastic player but don't try and make out what a fantastic all round chap he is, he's as bad as the rest and as i've said there are plenty other players who do the good deed thing, like our own colo who doesn't cheat nearly as much.

Yeah, that's relevant. :lol:

He often stays down when he shouldn't. Doesn't make him 'as bad as the rest'.

Guest magpie99

There isnt a player anywhere that wouldnt milk as much out of something as possible to gain an advantage. Drogba is more high profile there fore noticeed more often than most. However, noone can deny the man's class and talent, determination and drive (not dive). He was head and shoulders abover any other player (except possibly Cech) in the CL final. He is a total inspiration on the field and I wished he has played the last 10 years for us and  not Chelsea.

I watched a recent documentary about him. He has donated much of his salary to building hospitals and schools in the Ivory Coast and has had to endure the worry of family threats of kidnapping in a war torn country.

Like Ronaldo says, I wouldnt imagine the likes of Barton or Owen spending their own millions to benefit others in this way.

I admire Drogba greatly, despite his history of overf exuberance on the field.

Drogba is probably the single most important reason for Chelsea's success over the past few years.

He is obviously not as effective as he was a couple of seasons ago but his strength, aerial power, shooting, skill and work rate meant he could be play alone up front.

He didn't need a strike partner but could still terrorise defences on his own tying up both centre halves.  This allowed Mourinho to deploy an extra defensive midfielder, free'd Lampard up to maraud on the edge of the opposition's box and the rest is history.

I do think he is cheating more now his powers seem to be on the wane but that might just be me.

Appreciate him more since I learnt a bit about his charity work in Cote d'Ivoire, which marks him out as a person from so many of his peers: The Sun

So, yes, he cheats on the pitch - so too do a lot of players (including a lot of our own players, ffs). So when you take the blinkers off, and see him for the contribution he's made over the years to his club and the charity work he's done, he's not so bad. We've had worse and far scummier players on our own books in the same time period as he's been at Chelsea, tbh. 

Yeah, that's relevant. :lol:

He often stays down when he shouldn't. Doesn't make him 'as bad as the rest'.

he often goes down when there's no need, probably the worst in the country alongside suarez, so like i said, he's not a role model as a sportsman but is for his off the pitch stuff, which is where i came in.

Guest neesy111

More people went to watch Hearts on their victory parade in Edinburgh than Chelsea in London.