Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

Guest bimpy474

I love this policy of signing good lads, after having seen some the most arrogant players in past few seasons in the 40 years i've supported this club. Its just beautiful at the moment.

Hopefully he's a bit of a prick on the pitch. Central midfield isn't really the place for the shy, retiring type.

Tiote is basically the shy, retiring type off the pitch funnily enough.

Yes, same with Cabaye, really. Both nice off the field but a mean streak on the field which really enhances their game.

Best of luck to the lad, he sounds like a good replacement for Guthrie and is obviously at 18 is a fantastic age to develop. Should hopefully see him getting a few games next season with such a hectic fixture list too.

Also, is he regarded as an English player for squad registration? I take it he is since he's been here since he's been here since he's a bairn pretty much but I'm not 100%.

Best of luck to the lad, he sounds like a good replacement for Guthrie and is obviously at 18 is a fantastic age to develop. Should hopefully see him getting a few games next season with such a hectic fixture list too.

Also, is he regarded as an English player for squad registration? I take it he is since he's been here since he's been here since he's a bairn pretty much but I'm not 100%.

He can play for England as well as a few other nations.

Guest bimpy474

If anyone watches the chat with him on NUFC TV, look at when they discuss Cheick and the bit of football shown, I was pissing myself, he holds no prisoners does old Cheick boy.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If anyone watches the chat with him on NUFC TV, look at when they discuss Cheick and the bit of football shown, I was pissing myself, he holds no prisoners does old Cheick boy.

Running over Williamson :lol:

Love his competitive edge, like.

Guest bimpy474

Running over Williamson :lol:

Love his competitive edge, like.

Aye, Willo gets up laughing too, you can see him thinking "thats Cheick for you" :D

This is a nice, positive signing like. Can certainly see him being groomed into a Tioté-esque player. Abeid may have been mentioned as a Tiote-type player in the past but now that I think about it, he may be more suited to a Cabaye-type role. Either way, think we now have our "proper" backup to Cheik - of course, Bigirimana will need time to settle in but I'm confident he'll be fine.

Was at the Football League awards this season when he won 'Apprentice of the Year'. Came across as a real down to Earth guy, very humble and very religious (thanked God a few times if I remember rightly). If he can't make it as a player maybe he can at least put Nile Ranger back on the right track. :D

Notorious signing

:laugh:

Welcome to the Toon Gael.

Really pleased with this signing, a young promising player who's here to learn his trade in a young talented squad.

Excellent stuff.

Doubt we'll even see him in the first team in the PL but the Cups might be the place for him to show his stuff.

It's a big step up in class but hopefully he's got the right stuff about him.

Now is it going to be Gael "the Force" Bigirimana, or Gael "the Beast" Bigirimana.  :smug:

EDIT: or the Notorious B.I.G  :)

He's supposed to be a composed ball player who's quite slight in stature and lacking in strength judging by a Cov fan's comments on another forum. Not a Tioté type

Know absolutely nothing about the lad, never seen or heard of him until we were linked a while back. It's encouraging that we've spotted him over and above the rest of them so someone's seen something there that's worth getting. The European campaign is going to add stress on the squad so it's nice that were drafting a few bodies in to replace the ones who've left.

Just keep building the squad steadily, year on year on year. It's the right way to do things and they deserve time and patience to do it

Know absolutely nothing about the lad, never seen or heard of him until we were linked a while back. It's encouraging that we've spotted him over and above the rest of them so someone's seen something there that's worth getting. The European campaign is going to add stress on the squad so it's nice that were drafting a few bodies in to replace the ones who've left.

Just keep building the squad steadily, year on year on year. It's the right way to do things and they deserve time and patience to do it

Completely agree, think we are a few windows away from having a really good mix, if we can just keep adding in fresh talent and farm out the dead wood around the edges we really are making good progress.

Trying hard not to get too excited, ah well  :frantic: