Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

Guest zicomartin

I'm so pleased we play 'front foot football'.  I'm not sure what that is exactly, but I'm sure when somebody at the club works it out, they can teach it to the young players, too.

The biggest red flag is that we can't get any of these guys loaned out and when we do it's to a lower division. Vuckic was at Cardiff two seasons ago and now he's at Rotherham.. Bigi won the Championship's Apprentice of the Year Award and now can't find anyone to take him. Something isn't working here..

Trouble is in any argument to their ability, there's a pattern forming, at one time Vukic was hot property across Europe, we stole a march on him iirc and we've all seen what Bigi can do, even Ferguson was showing promise when he came into out first team. Yet they ALL seem to be failing OR more likely we are failing them. None of us are in a position to say which way the blame lies but it doesn't look good on our coaching team.

It's not doing Ashley's business model any good and it's not exactly making us an attractive proposition to potential youth signings. Anyone know how Good is doing btw?

Trouble is in any argument to their ability, there's a pattern forming, at one time Vukic was hot property across Europe, we stole a march on him iirc and we've all seen what Bigi can do, even Ferguson was showing promise when he came into out first team. Yet they ALL seem to be failing OR more likely we are failing them. None of us are in a position to say which way the blame lies but it doesn't look good on our coaching team.

It's not doing Ashley's business model any good and it's not exactly making us an attractive proposition to potential youth signings. Anyone know how Good is doing btw?

You can add Kadar to that.

It's a tough one. Young players very rarely live up to the potential they show when they are younger. 17-20 years old is a key point in player development where they will either sink or swim.

We may well have fucked up our end of the deal by not doing enough to develop these players but there are so many other things that can go wrong, and do go wrong, that it's impossible to lay the blame directly at the feet of the coaching staff. It can come down to attitude (Nile Ranger), players just not progressing beyond a certain level (Alan O'Brien), or never developing enough physically (Richard Offiong).

Kadar, who was mentioned above, had a hard time with injuries, didn't he?

I'm sure that the coaching staff we have can be improved upon, without question. But a lot of it comes down to the players themselves. The likes of Vuckic have opportunities to prove themselves now. Some use those opportunities well and flourish (Fraser Foster) and others don't.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mark-douglas-gaels-tale-should-6684677#.UvT1zNSpcK8.twitter

"But since bursting onto the scene he has gone backwards. The last time I spoke to someone with influence at Newcastle they suggested it might never happen for him at the club, despite the obvious talent he had. When asked why, there was no real explanation."

:lol: :thup:

Remember when Pardew started him at RM against Benfica?

Aye...it was all part of Pardew's lull them into a false sense of security for 70 minutes tactic and then attack for 20. It was a genius masterplan for two reasons. 1) When the 70 minutes mark came, Benfica would be completely surprised but be too tired to do anything about it and 2) We would conserve energy for the next league game despite it being an unimportant one against whomever.

Simple but fucking ingenious. It's the reason why manager of the year accolades were bestowed upon him.

Aye...it was all part of Pardew's lull them into a false sense of security for 70 minutes tactic and then attack for 20. It was a genius masterplan for two reasons. 1) When the 70 minutes mark came, Benfica would be completely surprised but be too tired to do anything about it and 2) We would conserve energy for the next league game despite it being an unimportant one against whomever.

Simple but f***ing ingenious. It's the reason why manager of the year accolades were bestowed upon him.

Don't get me started on the stupidity of that whole charade

• 2 months later...

I was thinking earlier, love how this lad has been completely out in the cold since getting hauled off at half time against Benfica. Didn't even make the bench for the rest of that season and one appearance against Morecambe this year. Management. :thup:

Bet he's delighted he sacrificed regular football to come here. Suppose at least he gets to work with Premier League coaches. Stop laughing at the back.

Simple but f***ing ingenious. It's the reason why manager of the year accolades were bestowed upon him.

A lot of people defend that tactic on here though.

Everyone is entitled to their view of course its just one I don't share

Made 25 appearances last season.

Now we're without Perch, Gutierrez, Cabaye & Vuckic (and Marveaux more or less) in the same positon it would make complete sense he's vanished into oblivion.

Naturally he's not a Dan Gosling who has it all (but a deal for next year) but still.

It was fucking ridiculous. All it meant was that if Benfica scored we would have even less time to find 3 goals :lol:

NUFC - career graveyard.

Say that to Carroll and Cabaye ;)

Carroll would have gone the same way were it not for 'the luck' of us being relegated.

Cabaye was on an upwards trajectory regardless of what club he went to.

Much rather Bigi played than Dan "no discernible talent and leaving next month" Gosling.

Gosling's fully earned his place in the side by not being shit on the right wing against Benfica a year ago.