Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

Cannot praise this lad enough, what a cracking little footballer.

Agreed :thup:

With some footballers sometimes you just know they're going to be good. For me it's his maturity and awareness in that middle third. Looks like he's a veteran midfielder rather than a bairn.

Not the finished article by any stretch, but if he's this good now, there's no limit to how far he could go if he develops in the right way. Good luck to the lad, and I hope we end up having a real special talent on our books for years to come.

Bigi had a brilliant game. Especially in the first half, it was like Cheick was playing. Aside from his assured passing, I'm encouraged by his defensive work rate and positional awareness too. Early days obviously but he looks like he can be relied upon even this season.

Looked like his brain was always one step ahead of his body (if that makes sense).

Always aware, switched on and looking for a pass which is refreshing.

Basically the opposite of Obertan  :undecided:

Really hope we've got something special here.

If this kid isn´t ready for the premier league next season I will drink my piss.

My God what impressive his been in all his matches. Tioté-quality.

First time i see him today, looks like a young Tiote, but seems like he's got potential to be much better.

No and no. Jesus Christ.

1) He isn't even a Tiote-type player, although I'm sure he can be molded into one (Pardew seems to like to play him in that 'destroyer' role).

2) Might sound like a broken record, but having seen pretty much all his games for Coventry I'll be shocked if he's even Premier League quality next season.

He's a decent young prospect but nothing remarkable yet. "Tiote-quality" ffs :lol:

If this kid isn´t ready for the premier league next season I will drink my piss.

My God what impressive his been in all his matches. Tioté-quality.

First time i see him today, looks like a young Tiote, but seems like he's got potential to be much better.

No and no. Jesus Christ.

1) He isn't even a Tiote-type player, although I'm sure he can be molded into one (Pardew seems to like to play him in that 'destroyer' role).

2) Might sound like a broken record, but having seen pretty much all his games for Coventry I'll be shocked if he's even Premier League quality next season.

He's a decent young prospect but nothing remarkable yet. "Tiote-quality" ffs :lol:

Hard to tell on limited viewing but looks like he might fancy himself as a box-to-box midfielder.

Seems to have a eye for a pass, good feet and you can't deny he seem to like a tackle or two.

Agree, from what I understand he's not been brought up as a Tiote-type style player but he could become a Tiote/Cabaye style hybrid.

Tiotaye / Cabote  :undecided:

Does look a prospect though  :frantic:

He looked good, but the one thing that struck me was that he dived into tackles a bit freely and early, when a few times staying on his feet would have been much more beneficial. I'll put that down to the nature of his first pre-season and wanting to really impress the manager though, if not I'm sure we'll coach him out of it.

This kid is going to be brilliant, he couldn't be around a better set of players to give him the right attitude and welcome, I look forward to seeing him playing for us in games that matter. He may not be the finished article yet but he's got the talent :)

(disclaimer may not work yet in premier league straight away necessarily)

• 3 weeks later...