Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Some dutch site

Newcastle United have reached an agreement with Ajax over the transfer of Vurnon Anita. The midfielder was already some time in the interest of the Premier League club.

Newcastle Friday raised its bid for Anita to eight million and now the two clubs agreed, says Sky Sports.

Anita Monday probably undergoes a medical examination at 'The Magpies'.

As a defensive midfielder last season he had an important share in the land title of Ajax. His contract runs until mid 2014.

Trainer Frank de Boer of the defending champion Anita has repeatedly indicated that he wants to keep.

With its 108 league matches, the midfielder is one of the most experienced players in the Ajax squad.

any idea how much money hes on at ajax and how much hed want/get here

Sure I read that Suarez was only on like £10k a week there, so I can't imagine it will be much.

Not that it matters but wasn't it mentioned his contract will be reviewed a la Tiote after 6 months anyway.

Guest Ilsteir

He made €600k with a €300k championship bonus last year. He was offered a new €900k a year contract at Ajax (salary cap).

So Newcastle will have to bid over £15k (+£5k bonus) a week to beat the Ajax contract, a rough guesstimate would be between £25k to £40k.

I always find it pleasing that we're signing players from successful clubs. Tiote, Cabaye and Anita all from teams who've just won their league. The winning mentality can only help.

I suppose we signed Ba and Cisse from struggling teams, but with the logic that 'if they can do that well in a shit team...' - which completely negates my original point I suppose :lol: strikers are a sort of different animal though, if they're scoring they're confident even if the team is struggling.

What are peoples gut feelings on signings then? My guts telling me that well sign Anita and (Debuchy/van der Wiel). Cant see us getting a striker in, unless a very good deal presents itself.

We'll sign a striker, even if it's a slapdash loan or a cheapo panic buy/freebie (a la Kuqi). Personally i still think we'll get Carroll, somewhere right near the end when Liverpool will snap our hands off for any double-figure offer. That deal has fallen flat on its arse if the media is anything to go by, but i bet it's still very much alive and well in the boardroom.

No.

just saying as i should imagine it would be quite an important part of wether he signs or not.

I don't think agreeing personal terms will be an issue. :thup:

What are peoples gut feelings on signings then? My guts telling me that well sign Anita and (Debuchy/van der Wiel). Cant see us getting a striker in, unless a very good deal presents itself.

We'll sign a striker, even if it's a slapdash loan or a cheapo panic buy/freebie (a la Kuqi). Personally i still think we'll get Carroll, somewhere right near the end when Liverpool will snap our hands off for any double-figure offer. That deal has fallen flat on its arse if the media is anything to go by, but i bet it's still very much alive and well in the boardroom.

Carroll had a good second half for Liverpool today ,with all the bashing and negative media attention, hes still a very good premiership player.

I always find it pleasing that we're signing players from successful clubs. Tiote, Cabaye and Anita all from teams who've just won their league. The winning mentality can only help.

I suppose we signed Ba and Cisse from struggling teams, but with the logic that 'if they can do that well in a s*** team...' - which completely negates my original point I suppose :lol: strikers are a sort of different animal though, if they're scoring they're confident even if the team is struggling.

Hey, don't forget Hatem too! :aww:

But I agree, we're buying the winning mentality as well as the ones limited by the scope of their current team. It all bodes well for us. :thup:

P.S. that lad with a lightbulb shaped head also came from a winning team iirc :shifty:

Really excited about this signing. The player I wanted us to sign the most this summer.

Whilst Debuchy would fundamentally strengthen us in our weak spot, this lad gives us so much potential in respect of retaining possession and dictating the nature/pace of the game.

Debuchy and Carroll and it's a decent summer of business.

decent would be an underwhelming word to describe a window of these signings, it would be fucking fantastic. It would be jizz worthy if a centre=half was thrown in there as well.