Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Isn't there something about Ajax offering players who came through the academy quite low salaries, sure I read that the other day.

At least he's honest, I doubt any player leaving somewhere like Holland/France isn't instantly thinking about the large increase in wage they are about to receive.

Anita seems a right mercenary from all the quotes I've seen so far :sad:

Hope I've just been reading the wrong quotes/articles.

I'd rather he was honest about it rather than bullshitting like most players. If he does the job on the pitch then I don't care what his motivation is.

Hasn't Pardew commented before we only sign players with the right temperament. If he's only motivated by money I think we'll sharp find out.

I think his agent would have let us known about his demands before any fee was agreed, we wouldn't have gone this far down if wages were going to be a problem.

Anita's dad quotes now:

Anita would first talk with Pardew before deciding

By GEERT BECKERS __ Photo: ORANGE PICTURES __ published on August 13, '12 8:38 p.m.

The transfer of Vurnon Anita let in all probability not long in coming. However, the 23-year-old midfielder has not made ​​a decision.

"We have an offer in Newcastle United, that's right. But we are not sure yet," said the father of Anita AjaxShowtime.com . "Vurnon first wants to talk to head coach of Newcastle United. That he has not spoken."

"Newcastle United and Ajax are well agreed, but Vurnon want to know what the plans of the head coach of Newcastle United with him. Does he Vurnon for right-back get? Or for left back? Or in midfield? These are important questions for Vurnon at making his choice. On these questions he has no answer. "

Guest Realist

re: wages/ajax wage ceiling/etc - Aren't wages taxed a lot higher in other EU countries than they are in the UK for that bracket?  Will/Could he get a rather large increase in takehome pay without even changing his weekly rate just by moving?  I could swear I've read something to that effect before but I can't remember where.

edit: probably belongs in the daft questions thread

There's actually more

New Medium RTV Noord-Holland already knew Monday reported that Anita and his father that day would travel to England for further discussions. Father Anita emphasized in the interview with AjaxShowtime.com that this is absolutely not true. "" I think Vurnon and today I will be in the Netherlands. He has also just today meegetraind at Ajax, "he says.

"Tuesday he is free, just like the rest of the selection of Ajax, but we have not yet received an invitation from Newcastle United to England to come. Moment I expect therefore that we remain here in Holland," he concludes his story.

Guest pont-toon

I don't think wages will be an issue at all tbh. He wants to know he'll be playing, and where.

And rightly so.

but will he be convinced by the infamous Pards powerpoint presentation ?