Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Just adding to the praise really, as he was covering bloody everywhere yesterday and it was one of his best performances for us, imo. All of our players played very well, it's just we can't shoot for shit lately, hence why this window will be vital for getting a striker in.

Taking off Anita was an awful decision at the time. To me it looked like Pardew was just too afraid to take off Cabaye and Anita was the easy option. Cabaye looked like he was going to get sent off at the time and Anita had been playing well

Cabaye has a goal in him or a wonder pass, Anita doesn't.

At the time if you were going to take off one of the midfielders it had to be Cabaye. Directly after Anita was brought off we began to lose possession cheaply and Man City had a few chances whereas we were dominating before he was taken off. I don't think either should have been taken off really as I didn't see the need to change the formation when we were dominating but Pardew was always going to bring on another striker

You don't sub your match winners, main creator and main set piece taker (indirect and direct) when chasing a goal man.

So you sub the player who is controlling the game for you instead? Also Cabaye rarely creates good chances in games

You don't sub your match winners, main creator and main set piece taker (indirect and direct) when chasing a goal man.

So you sub the player who is controlling the game for you instead? Also Cabaye rarely creates good chances in games

Anita was class yesterday - but I'm sure he could understand being subbed as we played with two defensive midfielders and were chasing a goal. Cabaye is more of a threat.

You could argue that tiote should have been subbed instead...he had a yellow and was very tired the last 10-15 min.

Taking off Anita was an awful decision at the time. To me it looked like Pardew was just too afraid to take off Cabaye and Anita was the easy option. Cabaye looked like he was going to get sent off at the time and Anita had been playing well

Cabaye has a goal in him or a wonder pass, Anita doesn't.

At the time if you were going to take off one of the midfielders it had to be Cabaye. Directly after Anita was brought off we began to lose possession cheaply and Man City had a few chances whereas we were dominating before he was taken off. I don't think either should have been taken off really as I didn't see the need to change the formation when we were dominating but Pardew was always going to bring on another striker

That's what I thought as well. Pardew said before the game that Cabaye was going to play as a no 10, but he didn't create anything of note, and he had one shot which produced a good save. Not that he had a bad game, but if you are looking to bring on a striker and a winger then someone has to make way, and with Cabaye starting to clatter City players I would rather have kept Anita on the pitch as he was far more instrumental to keeping a grip on their midfield.

Our main attacking threat was given 10 mins to prove his worth.

This was the problem. If you'r gonna take Anita off, at least bring Ben Arfa on for him. Still IMO, the first sub should have been Gouffran off for HBA. Anita should have played the full 90.

Guest chicken little

Maybe Vurnon can talk with Siem De Jong and convince him and his brother to sign for NUFC.  Would love to see some more Ajax total football playing for us.

"you'll love it here, one of the most comfortable benches i've ever sat on. fantastic view of people of inferior capability doing your job instead of you."

Maybe Vurnon can talk with Siem De Jong and convince him and his brother to sign for NUFC.  Would love to see some more Ajax total football playing for us.

"you'll love it here, one of the most comfortable benches i've ever sat on. fantastic view of people of inferior capability doing your job instead of you."

Summed it up well. Can't see Lil' Vurn recommending us like.

hahaha  (sadly true)

They played James Perch over me...

Had a simply excellent game sunday, and should have stayed on. Really admire his resilience this season, in the face of what seems to be a lack of full backing by his manager.

I really hope that douche Van Gaal has been keeping tabs on him this season, and he gets rewarded with a seat on the plane to Brazil. He's been mixing it with the best of them in this league, and that is surely something the Dutch can only benefit from. Kluivert is one of the assistant coaches is he not? Have a word Paddy man.

how about we come up with an attacking gameplan that doesn't rely on a single player twatting one in from 25 yards, instead have people like big vurn controlling possession with considered passing and probing until they can actually create a fucking goal

can you imagine that?  the fevered dreams we weave

says everything about pardew that he took anita off on sunday, sums him up perfectly tbh

MOTM against City, everything went when he was subbed. Really runs games for us when we play three in midfield. His movement and energy makes it so much easier for everyone else. There was a moment in the 1st half when he and Tioté solved a tight situation with 6-7 quick passes in a small space, something we never used to do last season.

I've said this before, but he's perfect for the same role that Leon Britton has for Swansea. His technique and movement wins him and the entire team so much time on the ball when under pressure.

One of my favourite players at the moment.

Anita was class yesterday - but I'm sure he could understand being subbed as we played with two defensive midfielders and were chasing a goal. Cabaye is more of a threat.

You could argue that tiote should have been subbed instead...he had a yellow and was very tired the last 10-15 min.

This basically. If we have a chance - Cabaye is one of the top 3 players you want to strike it in our team. He stays. Or at the very least you can understand why he stays. So it's out of Anita and Tiote both playing well. One would be hard done by but imo it's the right decision.