Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He'd fill in at CM with little bother, providing he was alongside Shelvey and it's exclusively in this division - but I hope he never starts there should we get promoted. Offers absolutely nowt. He's proven to be our best right-back and I'd be happy with him as our first choice in that position mid-to-longish term.

He'd fill in at CM with little bother, providing he was alongside Shelvey and it's exclusively in this division - but I hope he never starts there should we get promoted. Offers absolutely nowt. He's proven to be our best right-back and I'd be happy with him as our first choice in that position mid-to-longish term.

Is he? Still prefer Yedlin tbh.

I think Anita and Yedlin have different strengths which is a good thing for sure. Vurnon has a better footballing brain and a little bit more quality; whereas DeAndre has pace to burn and is somewhat more attack minded.

Depends how you're setting up, or whether you're at home or away, but they both have plenty to offer as right backs.

I wouldn't say Anita has more quality. Just a different one. He's good at playing a one-two around people in a tight area. Yedlin has better footwork in regards to beating a man and more drive in his running. Think Yedlin's assist at Villa and Anita's at Leeds are good examples of how they attack in different ways. Trust them both defensively though and have no problem with either of them starting.

I agree that you can trust them both defensively but I'd still say Anita has more quality, a better footballing brain and better positional sense.

Not sure there's really that much between them in terms of being an effective right back at this level, like. Pretty close call.

• 1 month later...

I mean, it's a shame, But i'd pick Yedlin every time.

If Yedlin plays like he did against Brentford, Anita is going to be a huge miss.

We're winning when Yedlin starts, and losing when Anita does. He contributes to that really defensive style that ensures we don't score. But aye, one game against Brentford where Yedlin was iffy that we still won means Anita should start.

Out of contract in the summer isn't he?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's played his last game for us.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

• 5 weeks later...