Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Typical excellent performance tonight. Will be back on the bench at the weekend.

Sissoko should be dropped for him, but then you wonder what Pardew expects from him. Chasing a goal, he's got Sissoko labouring about on the right-wing. Meanwhile Ben Arfa is in the middle of the pitch jinking into trouble, whilst his three markers throw him around like a ball in pinball machine.

What a garbage, garbage excuse for a manager we have.

Can't see him making Saturday, as much as I'd like him to. If Sissoko plays alongside Tiote then I won't be too upset though, I think it'll be quite an open game and our best chances will come on the break.

As much as Tiote has improved of late, whenever we play weaker sides, he shouldn't be in the team over Vurn.

Silky little mf operator. Looks up and can find a pass as well.

Probably as technical if not more so than Cabaye. Superb at doing the intercept.control.little look.pass. bit.

Range of passing and goal threat isn't as good. However, he adds more to our tempo than any other player we have.

True which is why we need an attacking midfielder with those traits to give Cabaye some competition.... won't happen obv.

I don't mind Tiote and Anita in the deeper roles if Tiote keeps this up though.