Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I like him as a player and i'd have him in the side ahead of Colback for sure but if Cabella is fit I don't see where we can fit him in.  While i'd have him in the side ahead of Colback, i'd have Abeid ahead of both of them.  Play Sissoko a bit deeper with Abeid in a two with Abeid sitting.  ReCabs in the no. 10 role with Cisse up top flanked by Perez and Armstrong like this:

Cisse

Perez              Armstrong

Cabella 

Sissoko  Abeid   

Anita would make the bench as cover I suppose but then we also have De Jong to come back (:lol:) pushing him further down the pecking order.

Quite simply i don't think Colback, Tiote or Anita are going to make a difference to us at this point, albeit for different reasons, and we should be looking for a quality CM along with a winger and two CBs in the summer as a minimum.

He looked tidy and capable of doing a job when he was more of a "link" between the enforcer (Tiote) and the creative hub (Cabaye). When he's expected to step up and become either of those himself, he's simply not up to it. Doesn't help when he's alongside clobbers such as Perch & Colback in that time, but he's only useful in a three when we have two quality players in those other two roles. Not really enough to justify him being here really.

He looked tidy and capable of doing a job when he was more of a "link" between the enforcer (Tiote) and the creative hub (Cabaye). When he's expected to step up and become either of those himself, he's simply not up to it. Doesn't help when he's alongside clobbers such as Perch & Colback in that time, but he's only useful in a three when we have two quality players in those other two roles. Not really enough to justify him being here really.

My opinion of him is fairly similar. Anita isn't necessarily a poor player and he can look fairly good in the right circumstances, but also isn't a top talent, doesn't have the attributes to exert major influence on the match, and has never been suited to NUFC's "way of playing. He should be sold for the betterment of both parties.

i don;t think we are even close to using a system that works for him and i'm not wholly sure he's suited to the league. I liked him cos he was technical, good passing range and low centre of gravity but he hasn't pushed on. Even despite testing circumstances of coaches not having faith in him tbh he's not good enough. Not reliable and you need a DM to be reliable more than anything

Don't rate him that much, but he's an easy scapgoat for last night. It didn't help that Williamson pointed up the line (like he always does) to signal he was going to hoof it away, then he played a 2cm pass to sell Anita down the swanny :lol:

He's also not a 'midfield enforcer' yet was clearly put into that Tiote-like role yesterday to deal with players like Toure - it's like putting Pinocchio up against Andre the Giant ffs.

I don't blame him for last night (well he shares some as do most our so called 'defenders'). Mostly it's the coach who seems to inspire absolutely zilch from them. And the club for allowing us to get to this position with the players at the back

I like his way of playing and his technique and I wish I supported a team that played in a style that suits him. But it's kind of irrelevant as it's never going to happen.

Putting him, Gouffran and Colback up against Man City's midfield is actual suicide, and then to think it'll be alright as long as the strikers play as extra fullbacks. FFS.

Don't rate him that much, but he's an easy scapgoat for last night. It didn't help that Williamson pointed up the line (like he always does) to signal he was going to hoof it away, then he played a 2cm pass to sell Anita down the swanny :lol:

He's also not a 'midfield enforcer' yet was clearly put into that Tiote-like role yesterday to deal with players like Toure - it's like putting Pinocchio up against Andre the Giant ffs.

That's the problem, though. There's being slight with a low centre of gravity like David Silva and there's being built like an 11-year-old without the ability to compensate. Pretty obvious which one Anita is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...