Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Are we only signing players from the first few letters of the alphabet now?  Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba, Debuchy, Douglas, Anita, De Jong, Amalfitano......

Good spot, you might be Santon to something there.

Hmm, good point, i might need to think this obertan a bit more.

Are we only signing players from the first few letters of the alphabet now?  Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba, Debuchy, Douglas, Anita, De Jong, Amalfitano......

trying to work marveaux into moreover but i'm just too tired.

Tiotelly.

You can add Clyne for Palace and Bargmania from Coventry if it is not ABCD we don't touch them.

Tiotelly.

I haven't a Shefki Kuqi what's going on here.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Correct me if I'm de Jong, but I think Luuk will be a marveauxless signing. If he can settle in, obertan he'll become a very good player for us..........

Was checking a FC Twente forum and one of the posters indicated an interesting possibility with regards to the double deal scenario: considering the trouble with Douglas has been a number of representatives wanting a piece of the pie of any prospective deal, what if we're trying to tie up a double deal for let's say 18 million euros and make it 17,5 million for De Jong and 0,5 for Douglas? That would potentially leave these Douglas hanger-ons in the dark and could give the players and clubs the deal they want.

Would that be legal, never heard of that sort of deal happening in the past. Douglas's agents would be royally screwed if a deal like this was struck.

Can't see why it would be illegal. The hard part may be convincing Douglas about this course of action, depending on how formal his obligations are to these hanger-ons..

technically it would be fraud i think.

Why would it be fraud? Surely the selling and buying parties agree a fee; that's not up to the agent? Wonder how these sort of clauses work in a part exchange situation, or when the player and club decide to run a deal down..

Was checking a FC Twente forum and one of the posters indicated an interesting possibility with regards to the double deal scenario: considering the trouble with Douglas has been a number of representatives wanting a piece of the pie of any prospective deal, what if we're trying to tie up a double deal for let's say 18 million euros and make it 17,5 million for De Jong and 0,5 for Douglas? That would potentially leave these Douglas hanger-ons in the dark and could give the players and clubs the deal they want.

Would that be legal, never heard of that sort of deal happening in the past. Douglas's agents would be royally screwed if a deal like this was struck.

Can't see why it would be illegal. The hard part may be convincing Douglas about this course of action, depending on how formal his obligations are to these hanger-ons..

Why would it be fraud? Surely the selling and buying parties agree a fee; that's not up to the agent? Wonder how these sort of clauses work in a part exchange situation, or when the player and club decide to run a deal down..

deliberatly selling something under value to avoid other costs.

Value of a player is so arbitrary though, I'm not sure they'd be able to prove it was under value as it's entirely up to the club how valued he is to them.

Selling under value in itself isn't fraud.  But if they could prove they agreed to sell De Jong for £4m more in order to remove £4m from Douglas's price to avoid paying fee's then that would be fraudulent.  Maybe if they sold him for a couple of million they could  argue that Douglas had only one year left and had refused to come back to the club (which he has I think?) and that's why he was sold on the cheap.  I agree that 500k would look very suspicious.

Value of a player is so arbitrary though, I'm not sure they'd be able to prove it was under value as it's entirely up to the club how valued he is to them.

quite possible but given that we made a bid for douglas (did we/didn't we ? can't properly remember now) then to get him within the same window for a load less might set off the bells (not within uefa mind as they couldn't give a shit about finacial irregularities)

Who determines the value except for the buying and selling clubs?

A season or two ago in Norway, Stabæk sold a player and and option for another player for around £500,000. They divided it so 80% of the money was the option and 20% was for the player, to pay as little as possible to Nantes who were to recieve 50% of the transfer.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2011/10/28/football-scandal-hits-clubs-stab%C3%A6k-and-valerenga/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veigar_P%C3%A1ll_Gunnarsson_transfer_2011

Wouldn't want us to go down that road..

I'd be very happy if we could get both of these guys then either Debuchy or Clyne and a midfielder. It would be helpful if we could get someone who can play across the midfield from the wing to the centre. Jonas is weak with his final balls on the wing and is more effective in the centre but I'd honestly be happy to let him go if we got another player who is better than him.