Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Wonder if he'll actually play or just become the new impact sub.

It'll be interesting to see what Pardew's thinking is here. Is he going to go with two up front ? With De Jong basically taking Cabs's spot in the team. Or does he push Remy out wide, with Gouff dropping down to the bench and someone else (hopefully HBA) filling the 10 role ? Or does he just take Shola's spot on the bench with Gouff staying in the team and HBA getting the 10 role ?

I'm actually at the point where I would prefer his brother Siem, although not covering the same position.

This 442 bs from Pards... whyyyyyyyyyy :(

You say that as if Siem de Jong is a bad player. He isn't, and neither is Luuk de Jong.

I hope you're just not being a Dutch version of Deuce here mate :lol:

I don't really know what to expect from Luuk de Jong to be perfectly honest. I didn't really rate Anita either, and he's proven that above average Dutch players can perform at PL level through being better technically than most. Luuk de Jong's biggest "problem" is he does not possess one attribute in which he really excels, such as pace or strength. He's a well rounded, young forward with good potential. A loan deal with an option to buy is probably a good idea from our perspective at this point in time. I think Krul and Anita will make him feel welcome, and I expect him to make a decent contribution this season, although not a Cisse type impact. He's still youngish though, and it wouldn't surprise me if we've got ourselves another very good player long term for a decent outlay. Worst case he doesn't do the business at all and we send him packing back to Germany.

:thup:

Never seen him play, and I can't be bothered with doing more Wise-scouting as it's so bloody pointless. He'll be better than our other strikers bar Remy, who shouldn't play centrally anyway, so I'm happy enough with this.

Tbh i'm not interested in how he's done in the past, all i care about is what he does for us.

I'll support him and hope that his Eredivisie form is closer to what we see.

He won't be worse than Shola which is all that matters really.

Argh! The jinx is on.

There is absolutely no way that someone aged 23 who has played for Twente and Borussia M'gladbach could be worse than 2014 Shola.

De Jong could still be shit, not really the answer and an utter flop and he'll still be better than Shola.

Our scouting system has been pretty solid really, surely most of us believe in it by now.

He ticks a few boxes for our scouting requirements:

- Young

- Has shown the potential to be better than he currently is

- Issues at his current club

All meaning we can expect to buy low and sell high if we can turn him around.

Guest bimpy474

Performance-wise, Ameobi isn't the worst striker at the club this season tbf.

Remy's been better than Shola, Surely ?.

I think I know what has happened here. Joe realised he needed to be in the UK to negotiate with the PSG delegation, and in Germany to negotiate with de Jong.

He sent the work experience kid to Germany.

I hope to fkn god if we don't have him sorted in time to play the scum or if for any reason he is not in the squad we don't do a pre match unveiling.

We did it with Remy I think it was, doing this with loan players is fkn embarrassing.