Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Signing him on loan was best for us tbh. He is out of form and has been for over a year, if he doesnt make an impact here we havent lost out and we can send him back. Making him work for a contract is the best way to motivate him imo.

Signing him on loan was best for us tbh. He is out of form and has been for over a year, if he doesnt make an impact here we havent lost out and we can send him back. Making him work for a contract is the best way to motivate him imo.

That's it really. It's in his best interest to find his form back. He's not going to figure at Monchengladbach, and if he does well, we'll sign him or he'll still get a good move. If he doesn't make a success of this he'll drop a level.

He needs to play and he should be absolutely chomping at the bit to play on a big stage. He's been frozen out at BMG and needs to play if he's got any intention of getting into the Dutch squad for the World Cup.

Throwing him into a derby on his debut with him full of adrenaline immediately makes him a better option than the dopey, lumbering alternative. Throw him a shirt and see how he does ffs.

If he doesn't make an impact then we've half a season of points dropped due to a lacking an impact player.

You might be joking here, but it's a decent point. How about we buy a player that's fucking in form? Just looking to make save/money again, and fuck the actual needs of the team.

If he doesn't make an impact then we've half a season of points dropped due to a lacking an impact player.

You might be joking here, but it's a decent point. How about we buy a player that's f***ing in form? Just looking to make money again.

Because no one who is actually in charge has any sporting ambition at all.

Guest elbee909

You might be joking here, but it's a decent point. How about we buy a player that's fucking in form? Just looking to make save/money again, and fuck the actual needs of the team.

I wasn't joking, though I could have put it better.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9139019/?

Interview to Sky by Pardew, summed up-

-Giving De Jong a chance

-Wants to see if he can earn a contract at NUFC

-Target man with good technique

-Fans will like him

I don't like the giving him a chance to earn a contract thing. We don't need players coming here having to prove themselves. We want ready made players. We don't want 50/50 hit or miss ones.

We should give De Jong a chance, imo. De Jong are de future, after all.

Hasn't started a game since 14th April of last season. Good luck hitting the ground running in a new league son.

I pretty sure that was the last time he scored as well was it not ?

6th April according to transfermarkt.

I've never seen him play but it's massive ask to go to a more physical league and quickly adapt at the best of times (see most foreigners) nevermind when you've not played for months.

been doing some Dennis Wise scouting of this dude and from the goals he's scored he looks a pretty classy finisher. Right foot, head, left foot. Plus.............he knows the offside rule! Yeah looking at you Papiss.

Still if we were signing him from Twente like we tried to before I think more people would be excited. Yeah his stats don't look great from Germany but it could be simply down to a manager not fancying him. Just look at Ben Arfa for us. If someone who never saw us looked at his stats and saw how little he started etc they wouldn't know what a class player he is.

So willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for his time in Germany and really hope he succeeds here. A goal in the derby would be a perfect start :)

You might be joking here, but it's a decent point. How about we buy a player that's f***ing in form? Just looking to make save/money again, and f*** the actual needs of the team.

I think this is quite an astute move.  Reason being we just could't afford (or wouldn't pay) for a Luuk de Jong in form.  He has got all the attributes to be suited to the Premier League, and if we can get the best out of him well have a player on our hands.