Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

• 3 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9302431/transfer-news-newcastle-could-turn-to-pierre-michel-lasogga

Sky Sports understands that Alan Pardew's side have yet to decide on whether to take up their option on Borussia Monchangladbach striker Luuk de Jong - who has failed to score since joining on loan in January.

It's not a difficult decision. The answer is a resounding NO!

Feel sorry for him. Absolute worst time to join us, underused in a team bang out of form with loads of external pressures making their way on to the pitch. Saying that even with all that going on I expected a lot more. Mentally he's shot, we've not helped this as everyone had hoped and it's going to take some getting back to form, but I'm certain it won't be here unless we get a daft £2-3m offer put to us.

It's been fun, like. An 'international' striker who looks about as dangerous in the box as Alan Smith.

Christ man, the first England international at the new Wembley had Smith & Owen up front. 4 weeks later to be NUFC team mates. :yao:

Would still take him on loan.

1) I have said from the half a season isn't enough to judge a player.

2) We might have a decent manager.

3) If we don't get a decent manager we will need to sign a few strikers which Ashley clearly won't, unless they are really cheap.

Thought he was promising to start with - especially the lay off for Remy against Villa. Since then he has been poor and looks like a bit of a weakling. We can do better with the money he would cost.

What's a decent manager going to do with a striker who can't strike a ball?

Buy those special balls they use in Holland where he used to have no problems banging in?

Must admit I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest we should sign the lad. He may well have talent and ability, he may well have scored goals in Holland but it's bargepole time as far as I'm concerned. He's looked (largely) shit each time I've watched him.