Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

reading between the lines i'm guessing we've possibly agreed a fee with twente, as have monchengladbach and maybe someone else and it's upto the player.

they can offer champs league football and similar to us (big support, seemingly a plan about the direction of the club, a club recently on the rise), the thing not to discount and it's something I don't quite understand, is the esteem in which the premier league is held over the bundesliga.

reading between the lines i'm guessing we've possibly agreed a fee with twente, as have monchengladbach and maybe someone else and it's upto the player.

they can offer champs league football and similar to us (big support, seemingly a plan about the direction of the club, a club recently on the rise), the thing not to discount and it's something I don't quite understand, is the esteem in which the premier league is held over the bundesliga.

He'd be their #1 centre forward though, which works in their favour.

could be ours if we tell him we want him as one of two and prefer him to ba (or if we are convinced ba is away).....could you see us bidding that much for a back up ?

Guest taps01

Can't see us spending 10mil on a player for the bench.

We've all done it.  You go to the shop for some milk and end up coming home with a twix, a magazine and a tin of beans.  Dekka's gone to the shop for a striker, his mind's wandered and he's ended up buying a defender.  Mike will probably shout at him a bit but it'll be ok as long as he's got a twix too.

We've all done it.  You go to the shop for some milk and end up coming home with a twix, a magazine and a tin of beans.  Dekka's gone to the shop for a striker, his mind's wandered and he's ended up buying a defender.  Mike will probably shout at him a bit but it'll be ok as long as he's got a twix too.

The difference is that we NEED a central defender, much more than we need a striker to be honest.

Douglas and Debuchy would be or main priorities, then if we really want to have a go, a striker.

Hmm, sceptical about any article without quotes. It could all be guesswork IMO.

However, IMO the Northern Echo often seem to be ahead of the Journal and Ronny.

That's the second article to have mentioned a 5m fee for Douglas too.

Yeah, could be a good week for transfer news.

If we got De Jong, Douglas and Debuchy it would be unbelievable.

Also very unrealistic!  Debuchy has a elevated his price tag beyond our valuation of him during the Euro's.  We are also some way of De Jong's set price and while Monchengladbach is sniffing around I think Twente will stick by their price.  Douglas is a possibility although sounds very complicated deal do complete with multiple agents and his passport issues.

Also very unrealistic!  Debuchy has a elevated his price tag beyond our valuation of him during the Euro's.  We are also some way of De Jong's set price and while Monchengladbach is sniffing around I think Twente will stick by their price.  Douglas is a possibility although sounds very complicated deal do complete with multiple agents and his passport issues.

Just have to settle with Curtis Good then  :okay:

:okay: Atleast let us dream :lol:

Guest taps01

Sounds very positive, that.

Lee ryder is slightly more pessimistic in the chronicle today which is another positive sign!

I don't think it's "very unrealistic". All three might be a bit much to ask, but it seems we're in advanced negotiations for the first two. We might not manage to conclude the deals, but even being at this stage is a big positive IMO.

I don't think it's "very unrealistic". All three might be a bit much to ask, but it seems we're in advanced negotiations for the first two. We might not manage to conclude the deals, but even being at this stage is a big positive IMO.

You are one of those "the glass is half full" people ;)  I hope you are right and I'm wrong.  On the positive side we have bid high prices for players like Gameiro and Gervinho.  So we might go the extra mile for de Jong if the really value him.

NEWCASTLE UNITED are believed to have tabled a "take it, or leave it" offer for Luuk de Jong - according to sources in Holland.

And it means that United will reassess other transfer targets this week as Alan Pardew returns to his desk at the club’s Benton base with pre-season training set to start on Thursday.

FC Twente president Joop Munsterman has claimed that following further discussions with FC Twente, United upped their initial £8m bid after a fresh round of talks over the weekend.

He told the Dutch media: “The offer was not serious. We have a different price in our minds”

The offer is not thought to be a package deal including Brazilian defender Douglas as United made a separate upfront cash bid that doesn’t include instalments.

A clutch of clubs in Europe have also expressed an interest in de Jong but the deals thought to be under consideration involve staggered payments, a policy Toon chiefs try their best to avoid. But FC Twente have been left to consider an offer – thought to be around £10m – for de Jong. The 21-year-old Swiss-born striker is thought to be keen on a move to Tyneside but until a fee is agreed it is very much out of his hands.

De Jong is still on holiday after being part of Holland’s Euro 2012 squad and doesn’t get back for pre-season training until next week. Borussia Monchengladbach are still very much in the hunt for de Jong but getting regular first team opportunities will be on his wish-list if does decide to quit Steve McClaren’s side.

United have not thrown the towel in completely on de Jong, however.

As reported in Thursday’s Chronicle, the Magpies aren’t afraid to leave the room when selling clubs try to drive valuations up beyond their transfer blueprint.

Meanwhile, reports in Turkey claim Newcastle could take on Fenerbahce while there have also been discussions over a possible match with Wisla Krakow – both games to be in Vienna.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/02/newcastle-united-table-take-it-or-leave-it-offer-for-luuk-de-jong-72703-31301659/#ixzz1zSVvHKKs