Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

No thanks. I'll go with what you actually wrote O0

Have you ever heard of context FFS :lol:

Let me help you out:

Not particularly gutted. Let's move on to someone better.

Any suggestions? Can't think of many who'd come here..

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ssn

@TransferClock: Steve McClaren has warned the clubs tracking star striker Luuk de Jong they will have to make him an offer he 'cannot refuse'

#NUFC

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not happening

We dont enter bidding wars

Hopefully our alternatives are on par...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7869048/

Steve McClaren has warned the clubs tracking star striker Luuk de Jong they will have to make him an offer he 'cannot refuse' to take him from FC Twente.

Highly-rated De Jong has been a long-time target of Newcastle boss Alan Pardew, although the Premier League side are facing competition from Germany with Borussia Monchengladbach said to be ready to table a bid.

But McClaren has dug his heels in with the FC Twente board over the proposed sale of the starlet as well as Brazilian defender Douglas to the Magpies.

Douglas, a powerful centre-back, is reportedly being tracked by Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston Villa as well as Newcastle.

The former England boss says he is not under pressure to sell the pair after balancing the books by offloading Ola John to Benfica.

McClaren told Sky Sports News: "We do not have to sell and, football being football, everybody has his price. For Luuk de Jong to leave this club then it will have to be a very good offer, one that we cannot refuse, and at the moment no-one has given us that yet.

"There are more than just rumours. There is obvious interest as everyone knows.

"Of course we want to keep Luke de Jong and we want to keep our squad of players as it is. We want to build and not to take players away.

"We have already sold Ola John and I have told the club I do not want to sell any more."

De Jong scored an impressive 25 goals for his club last season and was part of Holland's Euro 2012 squad.

Right timing

But despite being the joint-second highest scorer in Holland last time out, McClaren believes he should wait another season before moving abroad.

"The timing has to be right he leaves," he continued. "I would advise Luke to spend another year establishing himself in Holland doing it again, getting 25 or 30 goals and being a top striker, another year more mature, another year closer to the national team as he is in the squad now.

"Any club taking him now would not be getting the best of him. They will be getting the best of him in a year's time - if they can afford to do that."

If they're digging their heels in to ensure they get top dollar then no-one could blame them, it's exactly what I'd want Ashley to do. They're quite within their rights to sell at their convenience which is a pain in the arse but not the end of the world either.

Fairly encouraged that the cash is there to be spent on a striker/RB/CH or any combination to move the first XI forward which is the ultimate aim. Just have to wait and see how it all pans out and where we are come Sept 1st. No point frothing about every spunky tweet or report, just sit back and hope none of our big hitter leave.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What a prick

Hope we move on

How is he a prick for saying that?

A) He is Steve McClaren

B) He's digging his heels in at our expense

Prick

59 pages then. Ah well it was fun while it lasted.

Just have to move on really. If our offer was indeed a "take-it or leave-it" one then we've done all we can.

Hope we have a contingency plan otherwise our striking options will look very bare, if anything were to happen to Ba/Cissé then we would be screwed like - we really can't be having Shola starting games for us next season (his best role these days is coming off the bench).

Don't blame McLaren or Twente, they obviously believe they can get more out of buyers. He would cost double the price if he was over here. Just frustrating as hell to us.

we can move on and see what happens with our bid. If de Jong made some noises about wanting to come to us that would help, he seems pretty level headed and open minded as to where he ends up though, unfortunatley.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What worries me is that previous chases that have ended unsuccessfully (Gameiro/Erding) have lead to no incoming! We are that light now with Best going that we need a body

It is that where Loven comes in :(

Don't blame McLaren or Twente, they obviously believe they can get more out of buyers. He would cost double the price if he was over here. Just frustrating as hell to us.

we can move on and see what happens with our bid. If de Jong made some noises about wanting to come to us that would help, he seems pretty level headed and open minded as to where he ends up though, unfortunatley.

I dont really blame them, i'm just certain McLaren will sell him to someone else for less than what we offer just to be a dick lol..... and that will annoy me.

Guest Realist

What worries me is that previous chases that have ended unsuccessfully (Gameiro/Erding) have lead to no incoming! We are that light now with Best going that we need a body

Standard reply protocol here is to reference Carlton Cole.

they lead to cisse coming. far rather getting the right man 4 month late than getting the wrong man for the sake of it.

I dont really blame them, i'm just certain McLaren will sell him to someone else for less than what we offer just to be a dick lol..... and that will annoy me.

He is really just upset he wont have 5 strikers on his books to employ his five strikers on the pitch tactic. Worked a belter at boro though tbf.