Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think Gameiro is a good alternative...

15m is too much of our budget (not that I know what it is). I would have felt uncomfortable paying this

Guest antz1uk

far far far too much for an unproven player in an average league, move on and let them fight it out

Them over us. :lol:

Best of luck to you, De Jong, you daft sod.

Sure he'll hate the Champions League next season.

:rolleyes:

What yee rolling at. Very little difference between both clubs. Both been in the shitter recently, almost identical crowds, last success a fair few decades back. Difference here is that they have CL football and a place as #1 centre forward. Oh and that they're willing to pay the fee.

What yee rolling at. Very little difference between both clubs. Both been in the shitter recently, almost identical crowds, last success a fair few decades back. Difference here is that they have CL football and a place as #1 centre forward. Oh and that they're willing to pay the fee.

I'm aware of the similarities and differences.

Can't a guy make a comment through black and white specs without getting Sewelleyd these days?

Ah well, upside is how much we were willing to spend on him. Must be some canny other targets out there for that price or cheaper.

Aye, it must mean there's decent wad of cash available if we were prepared to spend £11m on a 21 year old forward with 1 decent season under his belt in Holland..... i'm aware his talented but still that's a pretty big show of intent Ashley even though we failed to land him.

It's what gives me hope for the rest of the window and the season that we have targets in mind that will geneuinly strengthen us.

Exciting stuff tbh, that's without mentioning all the young players beneath them.

They're unlikely to get through the qualifier though, surely.

Guest VegasToon

Don't really care tbf.  At least it shows we are trying to improve our squad.  Carr has my trust to find someone else.

Guest Brazilianbob

No way were we going to pay £15m for a player who would be warming the bench for most of the seasonw

Guest sicko2ndbest

£16m is overpriced but you can't really blame them!

I think the quote about playing time a week or so ago told me which way he was leaning! Cisse and Ba will still be number one here and 16m is a lot to pay for a 3rd choice striker.

It's a shame but I'm happy we're looking at that level! Whoever the next target is he will be non African so you can bet it will be someone plying their trade in France or Holland.

Personally I would love to see us have a crack at Lukaku. He destroyed our ressies and I think he would fit the 3 up top system