Douglas

BONTEMPI

I bet a meh about him, I have a Dutch friend who says he makes too many big mistakes and that we shouldn't bother. He thinks Anita is awesome btw.

Let me guess: your friend is an Ajax fan?

Feyenoord.

Your friend should be ashamed of himself.. :lol:

Why? o.O

I bet a meh about him, I have a Dutch friend who says he makes too many big mistakes and that we shouldn't bother. He thinks Anita is awesome btw.

Let me guess: your friend is an Ajax fan?

Feyenoord.

Your friend should be ashamed of himself.. :lol:

Why? o.O

Douglas has been sensational in his time at Twente. Certainly one of the main reasons behind their rise in stature in recent years. He does have the occasional lapse in concentration but show me a defender who hasn't and he has outgrown our league, which has made him somewhat sloppy especially the last 12 months. For a true Feyenoord fan to argue Anita is awesome is unheard of; that would be akin to a Sunderland fan claiming Tiote is the dog's bollocks or a Newcastle fan to say Catts isn't half bad. The hatred is such between the clubs that there can be no objectivity in talking about each others players.

FWIW when I asked on BigSoccer Ajax and AZ fans both said the same thing. Anita = excellent, Douglas = physical but clumsy and error prone. Twente fan was the only one who said Douglas was excellent. But it's worth noting exactly the same pattern happened with Tiote before we signed him.

I guess Dutch people are just snobs to actual defending, as we saw at the Euros  :shifty:

Fans of the other clubs often only remember errors that they see on highlights. Coloccini was "shit" for like 3 years and probably still some think he is. Also remember us having it totally wrong regarding Everton\Villa\Spurs defenders and respected posters telling us otherwise. Hibbert is class tho.

Not sure who is leaking all our transfer dealings this summer but it cannot be helping us. Unless it was us and were playing a game with everyone pretending to sign other players (not likely)  much prefer the quiet out of the blue signings of last year.

Fans of the other clubs often only remember errors that they see on highlights. Coloccini was "shit" for like 3 years and probably still some think he is. Also remember us having it totally wrong regarding Everton\Villa\Spurs defenders and respected posters telling us otherwise. Hibbert is class tho.

Not to mention Alan Hutton. Now he's class :snod:

Guest Roland

Here another Dutchman wh is not too sure about Douglas and am not a FCT/Ajax and surely no Feyenoord fan  :) If you really are that good, than he should show it very week, especially when the team sruggles (like Twente last year). Off course, he is physical strong and that is his advantage in the NL league, but he will lose that in England.

But I really doubt his mental ability to play for NU. He had lost it several times in a big game (getting unneeded cards or making mistakes). Further, his build up play and pasing is really poor for me.

But always difficult to say how someone will adapt/develop. Tiote was not a regular starter at Twente and Bryan Ruiz was the best player in our league 2/3 years ago.

Here another Dutchman wh is not too sure about Douglas and am not a FCT/Ajax and surely no Feyenoord fan  :) If you really are that good, than he should show it very week, especially when the team sruggles (like Twente last year). Off course, he is physical strong and that is his advantage in the NL league, but he will lose that in England.

But I really doubt his mental ability to play for NU. He had lost it several times in a big game (getting unneeded cards or making mistakes). Further, his build up play and pasing is really poor for me.

But always difficult to say how someone will adapt/develop. Tiote was not a regular starter at Twente and Bryan Ruiz was the best player in our league 2/3 years ago.

Have you seen mike Williamson play?

Guest Roland

Yes, so I fully understand that you are looking for a central defender, but I assume that NU wants to improve as much as possible. :)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Quotes this evening saying he knows of no bid

FC Twente-verdediger Douglas zegt niets te weten van het bod dat Newcastle United deze week op hem deed.

De Engelse club wil Douglas graag inlijven en heeft 4,5 miljoen euro voor hem over. ,,Ik weet niets van een bod en mijn zaakwaarnemer ook niet", reageert Douglas na afloop van FC Twente - Inter Turku (1-1). ,,Ook van Twente heb ik er niks over gehoord. Voor mij is het niet concreet. Ik wil gewoon bij FC Twente blijven."

De Brazilaanse verdediger, inmiddels genaturaliseerd tot Nederland, speelde tegen Inter Turku voor het eerst deze voorbereiding 90 minuten. ,,Ik ben nog niet helemaal fit, maar het ging goed. Zij zakten natuurlijk ook heel erg in, dus voor een verdediger was het niet zo'n zware wedstrijd. Met het resultaat ben ik niet tevreden, we hadden meer moeten scoren."

Voetbal

My google translate is playing up if someone could help

The English club would like to incorporate Douglas and has 4.5 million euros for him. ,, I know nothing of a bid and not my agent, "commented Douglas after FC Twente - Inter Turku (1-1).,, Also of Twente I've heard nothing about. For me it's not concrete. I just want to stay at FC Twente. "

The Brazilian defender, now a naturalized Netherlands, beating Inter Turku for the first time this preparation 90 minutes. 'I'm not quite fit, but it went well. They also dropped a lot in, so a defender was not a hard race. With the result, I am not satisfied, we have had more scoring.

Guest Roland

Translation: Douglas or his agent doesn't know anything about a bid so it is not a issue for him. At this moment,  I want to stay at Twente.''

The rest about the game of today, disappointing 1-1 draw against Finnish Inter Turku at home.

Munsterman gave a short interview, stating 'no contact with other clubs currently for any of our players".

Same old transfer games it seems