Douglas

BONTEMPI

This is pretty annoying. €5.5m is nothing  :huff:

:lol:

Don't understand what's so funny tbh. We need cover in the cb area more than we need another fullback now.

Saying £4.6m is nothing. Its a pretty laughable statement in any context.

We should pursuing Douglas and Debuchy, it's not like money is an issue and them combined is less than Carroll or De Jong....

Also there's no point relying on Saylor's fitness because he blatantly will get injured at some point.

I don't want to be relying on Williamson and Perch for months at a time again, especially with the extra games.

You just want to see transfers, mate. That much is painfully obvious.

You keep on making these assumptions, like the one I've kindly highlighted above, and seem to have convinced yourself it's the truth. Time to take a step back, see where we are, where we've come from, and how we've got here.

This is spot on like, transfers are fun and people want to see them in full flow every transfer window.

Sometimes it's better to just assess what you have.

Don't understand what's so funny tbh. We need cover in the cb area more than we need another fullback now.

For a target we identified a while ago to help us strengthen in a position we really need.  €5.5m to improve our team isn't a great deal.

Guest Roger Kint

For a target we identified a while ago to help us strengthen in a position we really need.  €5.5m to improve our team isn't a great deal.

So he is better than Saylor/Colo? Disagree he will strengthen the team rather than the squad in a way that a Simpson replacement would.

We should pursuing Douglas and Debuchy, it's not like money is an issue and them combined is less than Carroll or De Jong....

Also there's no point relying on Saylor's fitness because he blatantly will get injured at some point.

I don't want to be relying on Williamson and Perch for months at a time again, especially with the extra games.

Not really, if i wanted to just merely see a transfer i would be for these rumours like Adam Johnson etc etc but i'm not because we don't need him.

I'm for this transfer because it's something i feel we need and Pardew obviously does too as he has said so and we have put an offer in.

Also i'm aware how far we have come in 2-3 years it's ridiculous i'm fully aware of this, Neville wheeling off the names last night saying how much how quality we have had me swelling with pride.

I just think to improve on last year like Pardew has aimed for, then i'd like to see a CB and a RB.

I'm not one of those guys that go just sign someone who i'll go and support someone else who does lark, i just think it's a signing if we did make it would improve us.

What is wrong with that?

Not liking i'm asking to sign players for signings sake, i'm talking about a player in a position where we are lacking, a player Pardew wants and a player we have put bids in for.

Neither were the fees we paid for Xisco or Smith then.

Money trees at the ready, were going in.

The reason we've got money to spend is because we haven't gone out and overspent on other players. If we'd had paid £7m for Tiote, £10m for Santon and £20m for Cisse, we certainly wouldn't be bringing in Anita or anyone else this summer.

£4.6m is a great deal of money, the club seem to think so, and if they think its too much for Douglas then I accept their decision.

So he is better than Saylor/Colo? Disagree he will strengthen the team rather than the squad in a way that a Simpson replacement would.

People were talking about him starting games in Saylors place on this forum ffs. If we can guarantee our four cbs can deal with the increased volume of games without a long term injury, yeah, fuck it it's fine to go into this season with Colo, Saylor, Willo and Perch.

I should imagine the lingering interest in Pieters is the fact he can fill two spots and will be available at a discounted fee due to recent injury.

From MA/DL perspective, why buy Douglas & Debuchy when you could wait 4 months and get an (almost) fit Pieters for significantly less money and have to sustain only one wage rather than two?

This position would be even more likely now they've not managed to shift Simpson.

If Simpson goes, Debuchy comes straight in imho.

I should imagine the lingering interest in Pieters is the fact he can fill two spots and will be available at a discounted fee due to recent injury.

From MA/DL perspective, why buy Douglas & Debuchy when you could wait 4 months and get an (almost) fit Pieters for significantly less money and have to sustain only one wage rather than two?

This position would be even more likely now they've not managed to shift Simpson.

If Simpson goes, Debuchy comes straight in imho.

Other way around IMO, Simpson won't want to leave unless we replace him.

The reason we've got money to spend is because we haven't gone out and overspent on other players. If we'd had paid £7m for Tiote, £10m for Santon and £20m for Cisse, we certainly wouldn't be bringing in Anita or anyone else this summer.

£4.6m is a great deal of money, the club seem to think so, and if they think its too much for Douglas then I accept their decision.

Good for you, I on the other hand think we're light and we could do with one more player in that position. From the reputation that Douglas has, if he can challenge Saylor for his position I don't think £4.6m is too much.

Good for you, I on the other hand think we're light and we could do with one more player in that position. From the reputation that Douglas has, if he can challenge Saylor for his position I don't think £4.6m is too much.

And? Still doesn't mean £4.6m is nothing or no big deal.

Guest Roger Kint

People were talking about him starting games in Saylors place on this forum ffs. If we can guarantee our four cbs can deal with the increased volume of games without a long term injury, yeah, fuck it it's fine to go into this season with Colo, Saylor, Willo and Perch.

In case of injury yeah, not many have seen enough to honestly say he should start ABOVE Saylor ffs. Love how you now change the point to Douglas or nothing rather than this individual deal being the case in point. The club seemingly think the fee is too much for a player who probably would be a squad player, thats enough for me tbh.

Yeah, so I think it's well worth the price and you don't. End of argument really.

Guest icemanblue

Not really, if i wanted to just merely see a transfer i would be for these rumours like Adam Johnson etc etc but i'm not because we don't need him.

I'm for this transfer because it's something i feel we need and Pardew obviously does too as he has said so and we have put an offer in.

Also i'm aware how far we have come in 2-3 years it's ridiculous i'm fully aware of this, Neville wheeling off the names last night saying how much how quality we have had me swelling with pride.

I just think to improve on last year like Pardew has aimed for, then i'd like to see a CB and a RB.

I'm not one of those guys that go just sign someone who i'll go and support someone else who does lark, i just think it's a signing if we did make it would improve us.

What is wrong with that?

Not liking i'm asking to sign players for signings sake, i'm talking about a player in a position where we are lacking, a player Pardew wants and a player we have put bids in for.

It's all about what you'd like to see, mate. It's all based on assumption, as well. Have 'the management' not earned your trust in their judgement?

Yeah, so I think it's well worth the price and you don't. End of argument really.

No the argument was about £4.6m being not a big deal. It is, and there really isn't any argument no matter how hard you try and twist it to fit.

No the argument was about £4.6m being not a big deal. It is, and there really isn't any argument no matter how hard you try and twist it to fit.

It's not a big deal in the context of buying a player which will improve our squad ffs. So you assumed that I was saying that £4.6m wasn't a lot of money in general?

What is wrong with that?

It's all about what you'd like to see, mate. It's all based on assumption, as well. Have 'the management' not earned your trust in their judgement?

Yes they have, i just think sometimes to get what you want you need to pay what the buyer wants.

It's not like the difference in value is miles apart or they are asking for silly money like with De Jong, it's a tiny difference in football terms.

Anyway i will look quite stupid if we end up buying him  :laugh: it won't be the end of the world if buy no one else for the rest of the window in fact not even close but it would be a missed opportunity.

In case of injury yeah, not many have seen enough to honestly say he should start ABOVE Saylor ffs. Love how you now change the point to Douglas or nothing rather than this individual deal being the case in point. The club seemingly think the fee is too much for a player who probably would be a squad player, thats enough for me tbh.

It's great if we've got other targets lined up. As I've said from his reputation I don't think the money is too much.