Douglas

BONTEMPI

This is pretty annoying. €5.5m is nothing  :huff:

:lol:

Don't understand what's so funny tbh. We need cover in the cb area more than we need another fullback now.

Saying £4.6m is nothing. Its a pretty laughable statement in any context.

For a target we identified a while ago to help us strengthen in a position we really need.  €5.5m to improve our team isn't a great deal.

Neither were the fees we paid for Xisco or Smith then.

Money trees at the ready, were going in.

The reason we've got money to spend is because we haven't gone out and overspent on other players. If we'd had paid £7m for Tiote, £10m for Santon and £20m for Cisse, we certainly wouldn't be bringing in Anita or anyone else this summer.

£4.6m is a great deal of money, the club seem to think so, and if they think its too much for Douglas then I accept their decision.

Good for you, I on the other hand think we're light and we could do with one more player in that position. From the reputation that Douglas has, if he can challenge Saylor for his position I don't think £4.6m is too much.

And? Still doesn't mean £4.6m is nothing or no big deal.

Yeah, so I think it's well worth the price and you don't. End of argument really.

No the argument was about £4.6m being not a big deal. It is, and there really isn't any argument no matter how hard you try and twist it to fit.

It's not a big deal in the context of buying a player which will improve our squad ffs. So you assumed that I was saying that £4.6m wasn't a lot of money in general?

Do i need to loop this conversation like? ???

Douglas may be a steal for £4.5m, but we could bring in a younger and better player to the club in January*. We may even spend more on that player if we think he's more suited to what we need.

We've shown that we're willing to spend money on players who will improve the club so I've got no doubt that if we do fail to sign Douglas it's not because £4.5m is out of our price range, it's either because he doesn't want to come here, we believe we can get a better player in, or what we have is suitable for the time being. On the other hand if we do get him it will be because he is the player we want and he will be viewed as a big improvement to the squad.

*If we sign Douglas now the chances are he will be the only 'big name' center back we will buy for a couple of year, unless he turns out to be total shite.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't understand what's so funny tbh. We need cover in the cb area more than we need another fullback now.

For a target we identified a while ago to help us strengthen in a position we really need.  €5.5m to improve our team isn't a great deal.

So he is better than Saylor/Colo? Disagree he will strengthen the team rather than the squad in a way that a Simpson replacement would.

People were talking about him starting games in Saylors place on this forum ffs. If we can guarantee our four cbs can deal with the increased volume of games without a long term injury, yeah, fuck it it's fine to go into this season with Colo, Saylor, Willo and Perch.

In case of injury yeah, not many have seen enough to honestly say he should start ABOVE Saylor ffs. Love how you now change the point to Douglas or nothing rather than this individual deal being the case in point. The club seemingly think the fee is too much for a player who probably would be a squad player, thats enough for me tbh.

It's great if we've got other targets lined up. As I've said from his reputation I don't think the money is too much.

Wasnt aware he had such a huge reputation, i dare say 99% of people here havent seen too much of him but i know the club has so their judgement is enough for me if they decide the fee is too much for him.

The reason we've got money to spend is because we haven't gone out and overspent on other players. If we'd had paid £7m for Tiote, £10m for Santon and £20m for Cisse, we certainly wouldn't be bringing in Anita or anyone else this summer.

£4.6m is a great deal of money, the club seem to think so, and if they think its too much for Douglas then I accept their decision.

Good for you, I on the other hand think we're light and we could do with one more player in that position. From the reputation that Douglas has, if he can challenge Saylor for his position I don't think £4.6m is too much.

Yeah, so I think it's well worth the price and you don't. End of argument really.

No the argument was about £4.6m being not a big deal. It is, and there really isn't any argument no matter how hard you try and twist it to fit.

It's not a big deal in the context of buying a player which will improve our squad ffs. So you assumed that I was saying that £4.6m wasn't a lot of money in general?

No, you won the argument. Congratualtions on being right :thup:

I've actually just physically facepalmed, i've never done that before, ever.  :lol:

Moving on...

I've actually just physically facepalmed, i've never done that before, ever.  :lol:

Moving on...

Yeah probably should have done that when I said we weren't really going to agree. Hope you enjoyed your facepalm  :aww:

Moving on...

Yeah probably should have done that when I said we weren't really going to agree. Hope you enjoyed your facepalm  :aww:

Yeah you probably should have read my first response to you (minus the  :lol: in case were not getting that) and you'd have understood. Yes i did, it was warm.  :lol:

Moving on...

Yeah you probably should have read my first response to you (minus the  :lol: in case were not getting that) and you'd have understood. Yes i did, it was warm.  :lol:

Hope it wasn't too clammy.

So he is better than Saylor/Colo? Disagree he will strengthen the team rather than the squad in a way that a Simpson replacement would.

People were talking about him starting games in Saylors place on this forum ffs. If we can guarantee our four cbs can deal with the increased volume of games without a long term injury, yeah, f*** it it's fine to go into this season with Colo, Saylor, Willo and Perch.

In case of injury yeah, not many have seen enough to honestly say he should start ABOVE Saylor ffs. Love how you now change the point to Douglas or nothing rather than this individual deal being the case in point. The club seemingly think the fee is too much for a player who probably would be a squad player, thats enough for me tbh.

It's great if we've got other targets lined up. As I've said from his reputation I don't think the money is too much.

Wasnt aware he had such a huge reputation, i dare say 99% of people here havent seen too much of him but i know the club has so their judgement is enough for me if they decide the fee is too much for him.

The club have already made it clear as to how they judge the player, seeing as they've bid for him and Pardew has gone on record that he's a target. I can't speak for annybody else, but I've seen plenty of him and as far as I am concerned (I am not a qualified scout) Douglas represents an update on Taylor, and that's not being disrespectful to Taylor either. Of course, he would have to prove himself and fight his way into the first team, but the quality is definitely there to do just that. That's what I meant earlier by missing out. I would be disappointed if we didn't get him because he chose Fulham (or any other club) over us, but it would be much more crushing if we didn't even bid for him and let him go to a rival top 10 Premiership team for such a comparatively low fee (not in absolute terms, but relative to his level of quality).

Guest Wally_McFool

We're being outbid by Fulham on a player worth €5.5m!?

€5.5m is nowt man. Fucking Ashley :rant:

Aint too fussed about Douglas meself.

If we get him, fine... if we dont go for him, Pardieux must probably think that Streete or Good are almost ready to step up to first team duty.

I don't really agree that the fee is a stumbling block as whatever happens he would have resale value, he is going for this amount because he is in the last year of his contract.

But anyway I was not that hot on him, the reviews i've seen have been pretty mixed. I've always preferred the sound of Mbiwa, still available btw.  :snod:

Guest reefatoon

I wish you could press a button which fast forwarded to the end of the window to stop all this bs.

Or just grow a pair and stop being such a little drama queen

We're being outbid by Fulham on a player worth €5.5m!?

€5.5m is nowt man. f***ing Ashley :rant:

Aint too fussed about Douglas meself.

If we get him, fine... if we dont go for him, Pardieux must probably think that Streete or Good are almost ready to step up to first team duty.

Was chatting to Streete's mother in Sgt Peppers last weekend... That sounds so wrong on so many levels... :embarrassed: