Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

Aye but one boss is an utter coward and a classless f*** nugget and the other is a classy, meticulous genius.

Sturridge is f***ing idiot.

This is true, without a shadow of a doubt.

Harsh on his Mrs. IMO.

Closer to home for him, and maybe the media perception of Rafa being a defensive manager and Pardew (allegedly) being an attack-minded coach holds some sway for a goalscorer fighting for his international place as well. Hard to blame any player for being tentative on joining NUFC atm though tbh, whatever his actual reasons.

Sturridge choosing to be near his family is fine, and his injury record is a risk. As he was only realistic for 2 hours, I'm not upset about this deal.

It's just the inevitability of knowing that nobody will arrive. That's the anger.

Entirely possible that Dean has good things to say about Pardew.

Not sure if he ever played for Rafa when he was still at Chelsea but he will probably know the hard work asked of him. He's bottled it IMO.

Very interesting. Forgot that they had crossed paths before. Very possible that had an influence.

Sturridge choosing to be near his family is fine, and his injury record is a risk. As he was only realistic for 2 hours, I'm not upset about this deal.

It's just the inevitability of knowing that nobody will arrive. That's the anger.

You should be upset really, he's easily the best striker we've been linked with in ages and we are apparently close to actually signing him.

Wanting to be close to his family so he’d rather go to f***ing West Brom :lol: What a f***ing s*** life choice that is.

A footballer who could probably buy his own helicopter and pilot to take him to/from work every day in about an hour - f*** off you f***ing t***.

I very much doubt we were prepared to pay the loan fee or the 100k a week wages anyway. Probably just more posturing from the club similar to what they've done with the lad from Feyenoord.

Guest firetotheworks

So we criticise footballers for being vapid, shallow, preening, playboy millionaires without any sense of reality, then criticise a player for wanting to be near their family. [emoji38]

So we criticise footballers for being vapid, shallow, preening, playboy millionaires without any sense of reality, then criticise a player for wanting to be near their family. [emoji38]

If it was Man City or Spurs coming in for him instead of us, do you think he'd have the same mindset?

If it was Man City or Spurs coming in for him instead of us, do you think he'd have the same mindset?

If it was a loan move, then yeah.

Aye but it wasn't Man City or Spurs in for him. It was us.

I'm being hypothetical :lol:

No way is he choosing West Brom, even for a loan, if it was someone higher up the table than us. Throw Chelsea in there, who have been linked with Crouch. He'd play for them.

No way is he choosing West Brom, even for a loan, if it was someone higher up the table than us.

He had a choice. West Brom or Newcastle. West Brom are an established PL club. We aren't. I can see why he'd choose them. Personally I don't believe for a minute we'd have been prepared to pay the loan fee or his 100k a week wages but there you go.

No way is he choosing West Brom, even for a loan, if it was someone higher up the table than us.

He had a choice. West Brom or Newcastle. West Brom are an established PL club. We aren't. I can see why he'd choose them. Personally I don't believe for a minute we'd have been prepared to pay the loan fee or his 100k a week wages but there you go.

Not really. More of a yo-yo club.

Not really. More of a yo-yo club.

We've been more yo-yo recently

I could go for this if there weren't such a ludicrous discrepancy in the manager he's away to play for. He presumably wants to play in the world cup yet he's chosen Pardew.