Official: Daniel Sturridge is injured

TRC

Sturridge said: “This felt like the right fit. I’ve got friends here I’ve played with before, the manager spoke very well, the challenge with the team and the style of play. I just felt this was the right fit for me.”

You reap what you sow, no decent striker will want to play in a team the way we set up. He has a much better chance at shining for wba than here.

Guest reefatoon

Oh dear, the style of play he said. Prepare to be shocked at how high and fast those balls will be coming in. Also, it sounds like a bit of a dig at our dour football.

Guest alijmitchell

Maybe Rafa expected him to work his bollocks off and Pards told him just to stand about and score goals. End of the day, the very fact that we've been turned down for West From shows how far we have fallen in the eyes of the football community under Rafa. Even if you take the style of play comment on face value, we've been massively constrained in our ability to play any other way, given we have missed all our top targets since Rafa arrived.

Guest firetotheworks

Sturridge said: “This felt like the right fit. I’ve got friends here I’ve played with before, the manager spoke very well, the challenge with the team and the style of play. I just felt this was the right fit for me.”

You reap what you sow, no decent striker will want to play in a team the way we set up. He has a much better chance at shining for wba than here.

What a load of shit.

Guest alijmitchell

Needless to say Sturridge sounds like an absolute cunt, but unfortunately, the exact sort of cunt we needed to keep us up

What a load of shit.

Dokko's always taking any chance to shift the blame from the board to Rafa tbf, no wonder he doesn't have time to put deals together for strikers.

What's he going to say -- "The manager and style of football are pure shit but geographically this works better for me"? Wouldn't take his comments at face value.

:lol:

Spot on, who cares what he says.

Dude it's only a loan till the end of the season. He must be absolutely mad! :lol:

It's the kind of decision I'd expect an English guy to make though. Pardew would have been sucking up to him, and he's probably got mates at West Brom.

Completely daft.

So obvious man.