The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

He looked good in the Euros too. You just need to play to his strengths really, which to me makes him unfit to start for a top team.

He's perfect as the main man in a mid-table club but no matter what people say about the fact "his touch is better than people give him credit for", his strength is bullying centre-backs and that means more direct football. Think he'll be perfect for West Ham and Big Sam knows it.

Amazing how rejuvenated Carroll looks when he's in a team playing to his strengths - either that or he just f***ing hates Liverpool as much as the rest of us.

It just needs a team to play to him, West Ham perfect for him tbh as he will get enough diagonal balls and crosses in for him to score a few similar to us under Hughton, at Liverpool it was never going to work as they play a totally different game. Same reason I did not want him back as I think we have moved on and are trying to play more possession football on the floor and  I could not see how he would fit in for us. Because of the way West Ham are setup it will work as Allardyce has always been about the second ball and with Nolan, Vaz Te and Taylor its setup perfect. Will be interesting to see how they do away from home though as i'm not sure that style will get you very far these days

He looked good in the Euros too. You just need to play to his strengths really, which to me makes him unfit to start for a top team.

He's perfect as the main man in a mid-table club but no matter what people say about the fact "his touch is better than people give him credit for", his strength is bullying centre-backs and that means more direct football. Think he'll be perfect for West Ham and Big Sam knows it.

This, not a top 4/6 player but more than good enough for a team that will play to his strengths

One reason we could really have done with Carroll is for corners. We seem to get quite a few corners but rarely score from them. Pardew said he'd recognised that and we'd been working on the "perfect corner". Apart from the short corner Ben Arfa won a penalty from we've looked no better so far. In the Europa League we may as well always take a short corner. The Europa League refs seem to blow their whistle for an infringement every time we took a corner.

This game's like our Aston Villa match a couple of seasons ago. Everything just worked out for them. Have a feeling West Ham will claim a few more of these big wins but ultimately finish midtable like us then.

Having the Carroll + Nolan combo alone probably ensures them survival

This game's like our Aston Villa match a couple of seasons ago. Everything just worked out for them. Have a feeling West Ham will claim a few more of these big wins but ultimately finish midtable like us then.

Having the Carroll + Nolan combo alone probably ensures them survival

Really doesnt. I think their biggest strength is the fact that both Noble and Diame are better than relegation type players.  And will protect their shit back four for them.